“Great Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Arlington, Texas
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed at this location with my family. We had car trouble and Deena allowed us to check in early. Which was nice because we had our child with us. The staff was awesome. They were courteous and went beyond there duties to make sure we had a great stay. The American grill staff (Kim and Jennifer) were excellent, they were always askin and makin sureb if we need anything. They brought food to us and interacted with my family. My husband and Ross the bartender became friends because they were football fans. The room was great and spatious, bathroom had a double sink and i loved that because me and husband didnt have to fight over the sink. House keeping was awesome also..Me and my family will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank crystalf1984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

I chose this hotel for a business trip and the location was great. I was given a huge suite with a separate living room and bedroom, and at first it seemd too good to be true. There was room service through Outback Steakhouse, and warm cookies in he lobby.

Once I checked in and got settled, I realized that it was not as good as it seemed. Most of the light bulbs in the both the living room and bedroom were burned out, and the stand up shower in the bathroom was dark and dirty. Someone came up and fixed some of the lightbulbs, but some of the lamps could not be fixed. The worst though was the smell of mold that came out throught the AC. I think it was also mold in the shower. The imitation "sleep number" beds were also awful, and I rolled down or up a gulley when I turned over.

I stayed here 2 nights, and was very ready to check out. Luckily, I had antihistimines to help get me through the nigthts with the mold. One of my co-workers also has stayed here and has had problems with mold at this hotel and now stays at Marriot. I will do the same on my next trip to Hattiesburg. I discussed this with the front desk person during check out, but they did not seem very concerned. I will also be calling corporate Hilton about this.

Room Tip: Beware of mold, not sure if this is all rooms or certain ones. I was in the suite 425.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Caroline S
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel is located in a good area. It has numerous eating establishments around it. It was clean. I am not a fan of sleep number beds. I can never get the beds to feel like I like them to. I did not rest well. The tv was difficult to turn on. I had to call the desk clerk to ask. I was told in a "don't you know" way, to turn to a certain channel first then use the other control to navigate the channels. Not a big deal, but they could have told me that upon checking in , or had a note in the room explaining how to use the tv. Just stayed one night. That's all I would want to stay there. Too high a cost for what you get when there are at least 10 other hotels within 1/2 a mile of this one!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Metro DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Service was very friendly and the rooms were comfortable. The beds are adjustable - there's a dial on the side of the mattress to control how soft/firm the mattress is. There were a few maintenance issues with the room - a big red stain on the floor and the mirror glass in the sliding closet door was cracked and looked like it might fall out and cut someone's feet. The breakfast should really be free given its quality. There's a microwave and fridge in every room.

There's plenty of free parking and the hotel is fresh, clean, and seems reasonably new. A good choice if you're in Hattiesburg.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Northern Cambria, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I used to live in Hattiesburg for a few years so I know the area and what area I wanted my family to stay in. It had been 10 years since I've been back but staying at the Hilton Garden Inn made me feel at home again in H'burg. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My family of 3 (including a 2 year old) booked a suite on the 2nd floor. It was very clean and roomy! A great choice for all our stuff, including bikes. I was a little disappointed that there was no door between the bedroom and the living room area... but my husband solved that by pulling out the doors to the bathroom and closet which created a barrier for our son sleeping in his travel bed in the bedroom and my husband and I relaxing on the couch watching a show late at night. My husband thinks the air conditioner was loud, but I didn't notice other than it was cold, but that's on my husband. We used the pool. That was very nice and warm. The lobby was beautiful and very clean. The breakfast was wonderful! The breakfast staff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. The hot breakfast was anything we wanted, any way we wanted it cooked from their multiple selections. The breakfast was the icing on the cake. Food is VERY important to my husband and he was definitely satisfied.

I would stay here again if we ever make it back down to H'burg. Other hotels we stayed in on our trip made us miss this one. We were spoiled here! I even want to purchase the pillows they use!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

Until I received my credit card statements, my only complaint was that this area of Hattiesburg is way overbuilt. The traffic light at Hardy Street doesn't let enough traffic flow and as a result, you'll spend 10-15 minutes at this light during peak travel times. HGI is near several quality restaurants, but there are too many hotels and apartment complexes jammed together without consideration for auto or foot traffic.

However...

Upon receiving my company credit card statement, which I used to reserve the room, I realized that I was billed two days after checkout, having already paid for the stay when I checked out with a personal credit account. I called the hotel to get the double-billing of $1000.00 (X2) straightened out and the desk clerk and the manager said they could not find that I was billed twice and that I needed to contact my credit card company and have them contact the hotel. I travel often for business and am a diamond member of Hilton Honors (the highest rating), and this nonchalant attitude towards the attempted theft of $1000.00 is unacceptable. This has caused much labor on my and my company's part.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GardenGnome60898
evans, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

Worth the money and located in a great place. I expect a certain level of satisfaction with Hilton and my expectations were met.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business