Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hattiesburg
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Winnsboro, Texas
“loved it”
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed overnight here while on our way to Alabama. This is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. Very clean rooms and tastefully furnished and decorated. Beds were great! Lots of fluffy pillows! The breakfast was good. They have refrigerated breakfast sandwiches and tacoritos with eggs and sausage, cereal, donuts, juices, great coffee The staff was very friendly. Very pleased with it all.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I'd never stayed in a Microtel before, so didn't know what to expect. I chose this one for it's convenient location for our overnight stop, nearness to restaurants, and because they offered queen beds instead of doubles. This hotel looks and smells clean, from exterior, lobby & breakfast area, room and bath. Staff was pleasant and helpful when we inquired about local restaurants. Beds were a little firm for my taste, but I did appreciate the larger queen over double size. Our room and bath were immaculate. We had some occasional traffic noise because our room faced the road, otherwise no noise at all. If staying here again I would request a room that faced the shopping center to the rear. I really like that they offer free coffee and fountain drinks 24 hrs a day in the breakfast area off the lobby. We were told that breakfast service started at 6 am. However as I am an early riser and was anxious to be on our way that day, I was up early and wandered downstairs around 5 am to get a coke while waiting for the rest of my party to be ready. To my surprise and delight, some breakfast items were already available, including HOT doughnuts that had just been delivered from some local bakery for breakfast. They were absolutely heavenly! I have to say that little unexpected pleasure was the highlight of my stay here, and started my day with a smile on my face.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank cooltangerine
Vicksburg, MS
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I love coming to Microtel. The staff is great, Very helpful, and accommodating. The rooms are nice and comfy. And when I come, I unoffically have my own special room. The staff makes you feel that important.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
new jersey
Reviewed December 16, 2009

This motel was terrific! Everyone on staff, from reception, to maintainance was very friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Complimentary coffee and soft drinks were made available. The breakfast was very nice and a cut above most.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Like everyone else finding a place in Hattiesburgh can be an event. I stayed at microtel Inn for five days in July. Usually I try to stay at hotels with great rating but this time I wanted to try something that was budget friendly. The most rewarded part of the stay were the warm and friendly front desk staff. I have stayed at five star hotels and the hospitality these women displayed out shined any of those hotels. The rooms were comfortable and well stocked with the essential amenities needed. Each morning you are greeted with a smile and a hot cup of coffee and dounuts. The only problem I had with the hotel was my window in my room and the lobby leaked when the rain fell and this is a new building. Overall the stay was above average and hopefully these blemishes can be fix

• Liked — front desk staff
  • Disliked — leaks in room and lobby
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank AND1
Plano, TX
Reviewed October 5, 2008

I stayed in this hotel on my way to Gulf Shores, AL. Originally had reservations at another hotel in the area, but after reading all the negative reviews, decided to change my reservation to Microtel. The hotel was clean and had extremely friendly staff. Several restaurants within walking distance and an REI Sporting goods store next door. Loved the free soft drinks available in the dinning area! Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean rooms.
  • Disliked — No pool.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
alabama
Reviewed October 27, 2007

We were in town for an Anniversry Party. Had booked a room at Baymont Inns and were very disappointed with the rooms and service. We had to find another room on a busy Saturday night with limited time before the party. Long story short. Microtell Inns luckily had a few more rooms. The front desk clerk, Marie was very emphathetic to our situation and very friendly. Rooms were affordable, very clean, bathroom clean and hairless, carpet clean, and loved the big beds and mirror.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — Loved it
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business