Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hattiesburg

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hattiesburg

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I think I was expecting too much from this hotel since it was listed as the #1 hotel in Hattiesburg by tripadvisor. The hotel was not bad, but the interior did look old and for some reasons, the white towels all had stains or what looked like short black hair on them. It made me question the cleanliness of the towels. There were also stains on the sofa. We enjoyed the free soda at the lobby. We did not try the continental breakfast, so I could not comment on that except that hot breakfast would be more appealing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

If you want to stay in a luxurious hotel this is not for you. But if you want a clean and affordable hotel this one is pretty good. I am on a quest to find the perfect hotel in Hattiesburg as I travel here a lot. I'm not sure I found it. But the wireless worked and the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the treadmill in the workout room worked and there was a modest breakfast available. The Longhorn Steakhouse is across the parking lot and is a decent place to get a steak or salmon salad. Overall, it's a good value hotel. Many of the nicer hotels in Hattiesburg do not provide the same dependability of basic services. May keep looking for the perfect Hattiesburg hotel but will keep this on my list.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Andrea B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our first trip to the area and we had many choices of hotels. We choose Microtel as it was closest to the area we wanted and the price was very reasonable. We were very happy with facility and will plan to stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad that you chose our location for your recent trip into the area. We strive to provide a facility that accommodates our guests to the best of our abilities. Thank you for leaving a review and we hope that you will choose our location again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Microtel Inn is a model of soulless efficiency that I hope does not represent the future of travel hotels in America. This appropriately named hotel provided a micro sized room that was overpriced for its very small size and spartan features. The high wall mounted TV and glaring fluorescent lights reminded me of a hospital room. There was no hot breakfast and a very limited selection of food. In keeping with the atmosphere of this place, the front desk attendant worked efficiently but displayed no warmth or friendliness.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank N

Dear Valued Guest, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have reviewed your comments, and will let the brand know how you feel about the rooms. Hopefully they can take this into consideration on their future floor plans. I will speak to my front desk employees about their demeanor. We do your best to accommodate all of our guests with a friendly and welcoming attitude. Thank you for commenting. I sincerely hope you will allow us to provide your hospitality needs in the future.