All reviews movie theater perfect place to stay marriott property waffle house nice hotel king room hardy street first floor breakfast area continental breakfast convenient location bed was comfortable would stay here again a great stay lobby rebecca florida
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2017

I stayed here with my 10 year old to meet with family coming in from out of town. Pool was nice & clean. I loved the sitting areas outside of the pool too with electrical plug ins so that I could work & visit with family & watch the kids swim. Comfortable beds, nice, clean rooms. Hotel was pretty full & did not hear noise from outside room. I would stay here again!

Room tip: convenient location to interstate, restaurans, etc. quiet & friendly
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Chris R, General Manager at Courtyard Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2017

Dear NewOrleansFishing,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Hattiesburg. We are always happy to hear from our guests, and glad you had a great stay. There are several seating options near the pool, and glad that worked out for you. We look forward to you visiting again when your travels bring you back to Hattiesburg.

Reviewed May 12, 2017

The staff was courteous and helpful. We were in town for a wedding so we didn't spend much time at the hotel itself. The room was well kept and everything was a clean and up to date. Very close to the interstate.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Chris R, General Manager at Courtyard Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2017

Dear Benjaminksmith,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Hattiesburg. I am happy to hear that you found everything well kept and up to expectations. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to Hattiesburg.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

I've been to conventions where hotels have put the participants in the most remote, hard to manage areas of the hotel. NOT SO here! Marriott has done it again: Comfort and Convenience with an attentive staff to help. I would stay here again , business or pleasure. The ambiance is excellent with an additional Big Room to stretch out or meet friends --- very classy!

Room tip: All rooms are good!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Chris R, General Manager at Courtyard Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2017

Dear shchristy,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Marriott Hattiesburg. I am happy to hear we met or exceeded your expectations. I will certainly pass along your comments to our staff.

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed herr for one night on a business trip. Rooms were clean and updated. Great cafe in lobby for coffee drinks, snacks and small meals. Walking distance to strip mall for other restaurant options.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Chris R, General Manager at Courtyard Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2017

Dear Brdiga,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Hattiesburg. We are pleased to hear that you like our newly renovated rooms and enjoyed the Starbucks in the lobby. We also are glad you like the location. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Hattiesburg you choose Courtyard by Marriott.

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

I am a business woman here with a business partner (a 40-yr RN and owns her own publishing company). We paid with our company debit card.

My stay was two nights on a Tuesday and Wednesday night. First night rate was $159 (taxes incl) And they debited my card $180 total --- I was upset, but the lady at the desk (Chelsea) convinced me it was an incidental charge of $20 that would disappear in 3-5 days.

We stayed a second night at a rate of $107 (taxes incl) and the amount debited in the morning was $198 !!!!!!!!

I was incensed! They stole $91 !!!!

I called down and the lady was absolutely no help at all. There was nothing she could do. I was out of luck. Meanwhile, they would hold $112 of my money away from me for 3-5 days and like most people I have bills to pay that are debited regularly out of my account.

DO NOT STAY HERE and tell your friends. They are jerking me around and I'm here with my company for a conference. I have never had as poor service at any hotel, and I've stayed eleven nights in various hotels in the past three weeks, from Alabama, MS, VA and NYC. This is unacceptable.

Wednesday morning after thirty minutes of stressful fighting and calling managers, banks, and offices, the lady at the desk agreed to refund $110 today and the rest in 3-5 days.

Now we are late for our first meeting of the day. This hotel will never see us again and it's a shame because otherwise, we liked it.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Chris R, General Manager at Courtyard Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Dear Ellen Sallas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We certainly have a different view of the facts. I am glad your were able to speak with our Operations Manager so she could clarify your concerns. Use of a debit/check card as security or payment for your room immediately places a hold on funds in your checking account. The amount of the authorization requested will be for up to 7 days room and tax plus an estimate for incidentals. Your financial institution may continue to hold these funds for three to five business days after you check out. The hotel cannot accept responsibility for overdraft charges resulting from holds placed on debit/check card accounts. If you would like to pay for your visit with your debit card, we suggest you use a credit card at check in for the pre-authorized hold. Upon departure, please see the front desk and we can process the sales against your debit card at check out. If you need further clarification, please feel free to reach out to myself or any member of our management team.