“Courtyard Marriott Visit”

Courtyard Hattiesburg
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Pretty nice. Ample parking. My room (suite?) was large with a king bed. I didn't really care for the TV positioning for the flat screen. They mounted a device on the desk an you had to pull it out and position it for the bed. Bed was comfortable. Wall mounted thermostat. Large bathroom. Everything was clean and worked. Room had microwave and small fridge. AC unit was quite. Loveseat and desk for working. Room had a doorbell. Lots of linens. No free breakfast, continental or otherwise.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank M J
Chris R, General Manager at Courtyard Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to relay your experiences. We sincerely appreciate your business, and it is especially nice to hear when we get things right. I will pass along all the comments to our staff. May all of your travels be happy!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Hattiesburg

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard earlier this week and found it outstanding in every way. We had previously stayed at the Holiday Inn in Hattiesburg but recently found it to be poorly maintained and managed, so we tried something different. We were pleasantly surprised and will now be loyal to this Courtyard. Clean, modern and most friendly. The staff was extremely accommodating and professional. In my opinion, this is the best hotel in Hattiesburg, MS.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James P
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our World Series team stayed here for a week in August. The staff was excellent and very friendly, accommodating all of our needs. We enjoyed a great breakfast every morning . Thehotel is very clean and is well managed. The location is very safe and in the middle of every kind of restaurant or store you could possible need. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The room was very clean and the staff was professional. We didn't hardly hear anything outside our room which was great. We were able to find a Walmart very close to pick up a few things and lots of restaurants are nearby. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lwomack
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This Courtyard doesn't have the new lobby yet, but I gave it five stars because the room and hotel were exceptionally clean, the staff truly friendly, and I got a great nights sleep which is what a roadside room is all about. This is not a fine hotel but for a night in Hattiesburg I was very pleased.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank barinr
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Got to my room before dark after a long drive. Went out to eat and came back for a restful night. About the time I went to sleep the room above me was rented to a family with to running, jumping, hollering kids. 10 pm and they were wild. I think there should be a family area, to avoid this situation. Also, breakfast instead of free was $6.95 or $9.95. When I pay $135 for a room in Hattiesburg, I expect a free breakfast. In Chicago, maybe it is different, but not Hattiesburg. Stay at the other Marriott. And by the way, get there before dark or you may not figure out how to get to the place. You can see the sign, but getting to it is tricky,.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our family of 4 recently stayed here for a wedding. Some quick points: #1.) The only mirrors are in the bathroom: one over the sink & one behind the bathroom door. This made it very difficult for the 4 of us to get dressed since only 1 person could fit in the bathroom at a time. #2.) No hair dryer. #3.) The internet was very slow. #4.) The shower had poor water pressure. #5.) No additional blankets in the room.

When we arrived back at the hotel Friday night around 10pm someone had accidentally dropped a tray of food in & around the elevator. When I was finally able to find the man behind the front desk to let him know what had happened he handed me a broom & dust pan. I swept up what I could & returned it to the food tray but there was no where to dump the trash. After standing there for over 5 minutes holding a tray of trash he finally came back and I asked him where I could dump it since the garbage can outside the entrance was already overflowing and I couldn't find a garbage can in the lobby.

The pricey breakfast buffet looked like the standard breakfast fare most mid-level hotels offer for free so we opted for the iHop down the street.

On the positive side I thought the bed & pillows were comfortable but would have liked another blanket for the kids.

It was our first stay at a Marriott Courtyard & probably our last.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Chris R, General Manager at Courtyard Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to relay your experience. It is unfortunate that someone spilled large amounts of food in the elevator and surrounding areas. I also apologize that at that particular time of night we have limited staff available, and he was actually helping someone with your wedding party. I can assure you that is not the manner in which we operate, and that this was a unique circumstance. Also, our hair dryers are located in the closet, and we would be happy to bring another if it was missing. Feel free to call on me if you wish to discuss your concerns, as I am always available for our guests needs. Again, thank you for taking the time to write to TripAdvisor.