“Neat Southern atmosphere can be found here!”
Review of Cotton Blues

Cotton Blues
Ranked #3 of 264 Restaurants in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

A little pricey but the food is good. Four of us ate a variety of dishes and all enjoyed it. The pancakes with pulled pork and turnip greens was a hit!

There are newer reviews for Cotton Blues

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting this place to have more of a Blues twist to it. I was here on a Tuesday night and nothing special happening. I was in the mood for shrimp, so I tried the shrimp PoBoy. I was disappointed. Tasted like frozen store bought shrimp. Fries were not hot. I cannot recommend this item to anyone, nor any shrimp product. Did not taste Freshly made.

From appearance from a near by table, go for the hamburger. It looked amazing and is huge, so you can share.

Deserts looks great as well, but I did not try.

Lindsey was my waitress and she did an awesome job.

Will try again due to Lidnsey and seeing the burgers!

1  Thank John P
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Was in Hattiesburg on a business trip and our host brought our party of 8 here for dinner. I don't care for seafood but everyone at the table really enjoyed their seafood meals. I started my meal with the pulled pork taco appetizer. There were two good sized tacos that I split with someone. They were really tasty. Several people at the table had the blackened red fish tacos which they said were excellent. The tacos were $12 but were huge! For dinner I ate the pan roasted chicken and it was some of the best chicken I've eaten. The mac and cheese wasn't the best I've had but it was ok. Overall I thought this place was great! I'd definitely recommend it, and it seemed fairly priced for the quality of the food served. Service was good but it was a Monday night so very quiet.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had been to Cotton Blue several times, but not on Saturday night. A band was playing on the patio to be enjoyed by those looking for a lively evening. Inside, the atmosphere is quieter allowing for easy conversation. My wife enjoyed the always-excellent shrimp and grits that includes okra and a tomato splash. The blackened prime rib, a first for me, was nothing short of outstanding. The servers are attentive and friendly and the bread service, from the local Breadsmith Bakery, was wonderful - corn bread and french with two butters and one dipping sauce. It is definitely the place in Hattiesburg for a great evening as a couple on with friends.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I really like the concept of Mississippi grown food and suppliers. The complimentary breads- French and sweet cornbread- with three spreads were yummers! Fresh creamery butter(from Country Girls creamery in Lumberton, MS), a Lima bean paste (much more fantastic than it sounds), and pot liquor (from their greens). We also ordered the fried cheese curds. I could've eaten that appetizer all on my own! It was so fresh and tasty! It comes with two dipping sauces. A fresh honey mustard sauce and a sweet tomato jam. I cannot tell you how delicious that jam was. I think I may dream about it. The waiter kept asking if we were done with it but we dipped the sweet cornbread in that jam till it was gone. I ordered the southern vegetable plate. The Mac and cheese was phenomenal! Lima beans very good. The greens were slightly sweeter than I usually like, but as I ate them they revealed a depth of flavor I enjoyed to the last bite. The fried zucchini had a very pleasant taste, but they were slightly too cooled off for me. We were there with a party of 6. Perhaps in trying to bring all our food out at once they cooled off. I will definitely be back even though I live in Mobile.