“Supremely good. Right off I-59.”
Review of Mama Alma's Kitchen - CLOSED

Mama Alma's Kitchen
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American
Description: You can find it on Urban Spoon
Description: You can find it on Urban Spoon
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Do not mistake this for just another Mexican restaurant. Family owned, family managed, with food that has the authenticity and taste of old family recipes passed from mother to daughter. I've ate in Mexican restaurants all over this country, from Long Island to San Diego, Seattle to Destin, Colorado, New Mexico, Houston, Austin, and a few trips south of the border as well. I know Mexican food. Mama's food stacks up. Don't miss this place. Take the exit off I-59 and enjoy!

1  Thank 06Matt

Reviewed September 14, 2013

They embrace you when you walk in. It's like going to see family, well some may say better than going to see family. They are the Sweetest Folks on this planet! And OoOoohhh their chips and salsa, guacamole delightful and tamales are seriously divine. I had beef and my husband and I ordered 6 to go. Half Beef for me and Half Pork for him. These are HUGE!!! its $20 for six. They will work with you also on what you're wanting. You gotta go! Hugggs from Mike (the mailman) and his wife.

1  Thank DowTanyaReinhart
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

If you want fresh, original Mexican food in Hattiesburg, you have got to try Mama Alma's! Everything we had was fantastic, especially the tamale and guacamole. What it lacks in decor it more than makes up with quality and good service. The prices are reasonable too. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

At first glance you might drive by this hole in the wall, but don't. The food was wonderful! The chicken tamales and fajitas were excellent. We were just passing thru and found this place on tripadvisor and will stop again next time we're here!

3  Thank Angie M
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Beside the fact that the food is GREAT, this restaurant is run by the sweetest little family. We come through Hattiesberg twice a year and we will eat at Mama Alma's again!

2  Thank TXBigMomma