“Always a positive experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Hattiesburg

Magnuson Hotel Hattiesburg
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Hattiesburg
“Always a positive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I have stated here numerous times and have always had a positive experience. The staff has been friendly, polite, and very helpful in meeting my needs. My rooms have been clean and comfortable. I especially like the downstairs arrangement of the rooms with the patio doors to the parking area as well as an area in the back to take my dogs. I will always stay here when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Vancouver, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We are loyal to La Quinta, but this place was a nightmare! I noticed right away that one of the pillows had a large, bloody stain. The front door did not fit properly, and the air conditioner sounded like an airplane. No wonder the television had subtitles I couldn't remove! It was hot, but I had to turn it off in order to sleep. There was no clock in the room either. When we got up the next morning, we couldn't take a shower because of zero water pressure. But, the sink was just fine. When I complained to the desk, they offered to move us to another room to shower, but we passed. I brought the bloody pillow to the front desk for them to dispose of. The customer service was actually good, and they were very apologetic and gave us a cut rate on the room. The day manager wasn't aware of the plumbing problems, and another gal told him that it has been a problem for over a week. I called La Quinta, but they told me to talk to the hotel manager, which I did. This hotel needs a lot of work!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sparta, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed Tuesday to Friday, check-in was good staff helpful. Asked for a room with a fridge so they put me in the 2nd part of the hotel. Non smoking room stunk, stains where ceiling leaked, no grout around tub area and I had to put the screws back on the towel rack so I could use it. Old looking room style (not good at all). Pets are allowed, so I heard dogs barking at night (sucks when you get up at 0500am everyday). Breakfast... went the first 2 mornings at 0600am and the milk was soured each day, told staff and they changed it but you cannot leave milk out without keeping in chilled. Biscuits and gravy both days (2nd day gravy burnt) I did not go back the 3rd & 4th days. Mc Donalds like a 1/2 block away.

Room Tip: don't stay in the back part of the hotel, needs a major up grade.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Laurel, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My family (with our pets) enjoyed our 2 night stay here. The front staff were very nice and helpful. During our stay, we had many questions and they answered them all. The pool was nice as is the hotel. Very quiet!! We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Buda, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The front desk staff was nice enough. The other hotel staff was very friendly. Pool was closed for painting. This subtracted from the value. This was a pet-friendly hotel, which added to the value. Exercise room was locked or closed. Only one set of towels, so I had to send my son to the front desk for more. Had only 1 bottle of shampoo and this had the conditioner mixed in. I don't like that. It was an average stay. The best thing about the stay was the pillows! Very comfy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is right off the interstate and located on hwy 49. It is very reasonably priced and has excellent staff. Breakfast is offered on site. My only complaint was there was not enough breakfast to last until 9 AM. I had to go to McDonald's and get something to eat. There are several good restaurants that are close to the hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business