“Definitely a Great Value with Great Staff”

Magnuson Hotel Hattiesburg
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Slidell
“Definitely a Great Value with Great Staff”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We evacuated for Hurricane Isaac and on our 2nd night were lucky enough to get a room here. They are extremely pet friendly. The hotel is clean, especially with so many animals around. The beds were the most comfortable of our hotel stay and the staff were a tremendous help. They went out of their way to get us in a room and get anything we needed. Some of the most genuine and honest hotel employees I have ever met.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lanett, Alabama
Reviewed August 16, 2012

That room is look ok and i look bathroom have not doing right i look up shower wall breaking down .. no refrigerator and no microwave so we tried move other hotel next day and I get one thing i forget to get my bible that my mom give me that to give my son's best friend for away wars with him (my son) and I call front desk about my missing bible that my mom buy.. they did not find it for three day before I go home .. and someone and I feel that housekeeping stolen it .. I hope GOD see that who stolen my son's friend's bible.. I call my mom what happen she seen very upset that she bought it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
Reviewed August 4, 2012

They take dogs and they have friendly staff. Good location. It really needs to be updated though. The rooms have a weird smell...like a musty, humid smell. The water pressure is poor but things work and the hotel serves it's purpose. It's not a hotel for "vacation" so to speak.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
cypress
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Dirty, smelly, hot, run down place. They have no regard for your sense of cleanliness or their reputation. The entire non-smoking floor smells like an overflowing ashtray. The a/c in the room had been off for days so the room was hot, humid, and stagnant. It took a while to cool down and was impossible to sleep until it did. They said there was a crib waiting in the room but it wasn't, never showed up, nor did they follow up. Wouldn't stay here again. There are plenty of other options close by.

• Stayed August 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2012

It was my first stay at LaQuinta Inn,and the staff was friendly and attentive to our families needs.the rooms were neat and clean.The only thing I would change is the variety of food for the Continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here on our drive across the country. The room was basically clean, except for a small corner of the bathroom by the tub, where the floor looked nasty. There was also a large ding in the wall in that area that did not look good. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. The air conditioner did not have a thermostat, so it ran constantly, at whatever speed you set. We were pleased to find a refrigerator with a tiny freezer that was big enough to put our cold pack in. Breakfast was very disappointing. They did have sausage gravy with biscuits, along with the usual cereal, bagels, & waffles. The only drinks were coffee and juice (no water). There was nothing available that even resembled protein. If that doesn't matter to you, the hotel seems decent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Great staff, but this hotel is a dump. This property needs to be torn down. A cockroach in our room, stains on sofa, floor and bed. No amount of cleaning can help this hotel. Guests should be paid to stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.