“Not Sure Why People Are Complaining...”

Motel 6 Hattiesburg - Univ Of Southern Ms
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I work over the road, and stay in hotels for approximately 300 nights out of any given year. I've stayed in the best, and I've stayed in the worst. This Motel 6 is definitely one of the better "low-end" hotels I've stayed at, and is saved to my GPS' Favorites. The rooms are clean and spacious, the beds are comfy, and the A/C works well, and isn't too noisy. I didn't utilize the laundry facility or pool on this trip, but they are kept in good working order. The surrounding area looks a little "off", but I've always felt safe in the parking lot, and have never had any trouble with other guests.

Ash checked me in on my most recent stay, and was extremely attentive, professional, and courteous. Ash told me about several options available such as internet access, and even called after a few minutes to check that the room was satisfactory. I am SO impressed with the service I received on this stay, and will definitely be returning to this Motel 6 the next time I'm in the area. I hope to get to work with Ash again, and trust that all the staff at this location will be just as friendly and helpful.

A micro/fridge or free WiFi at this location would be nice, as it is one of the more "upscale" Motel 6s I have stayed at...but then, one doesn't stay at Motel 6 for the amenities.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AardvarkTees
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Hattiesburg - Univ Of Southern Ms

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very small. Bugs in bathroom. Sheets are worn out and do not fit bed. Floor in bathroom had hair on it didn't look like it had been swept so let's say bet it didn't get mopped either. Very noise outside and can hear everything going on in next room. Wifi is $2.99 per person not per stay. Shower very, very small. Workers at front desk friendly. Over all you get what you pay for. Will never stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Hattiesburg - Univ Of Southern Ms, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear AngelJ,
Thank you for posting your review and for recognizing our friendly staff. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the cleanliness and noise issues you encountered in your room. The issues you experienced are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was a nice Motel 6. It had been updated (as the majority of them been have so far). It is clean and located near fast food restaurants. Pet friendly, of course. Fairly easy to get to from the interstate. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank IdrivealotMaine
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This place is not a dump. But they made a bad decision with the wood laminate floor. You would think it would be easier to clean but it was filty. I spilled a little water on the floor and used a towel to mop it up and it came up black. There is no excuse for this floor to be dirty. The floor was also damaged near the shower. I like Motel 6 because of their pet policy and I don't require a lot of amenities, but I do expect it to be clean. They said my favorite room was out of service so I stayed near the office (101). Do not let them talk you into staying at the front of the property if your objective is a good night's sleep... it is extremely noisy.

Room Tip: I like 127, it is easy to park in front of it and it is toward the back of the property on the non-s...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Okiegirls
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The new floor is very bad! makes the room loud, the bed moves, the floor was nasty and unclean there was spill spots on the floor, the floor in the bathroom was coming up had bubbles in it. I watch housekeeping clean the room across from me they didn't even use a mop or a swifter to clean the floor.The TV was old and didn't have hardly in channels,one channel had pic. but no sound,cig burns on top, panel broken where you could see the speaker in it. The sheets are in need of change they where old and yellow and didn't even fit the bed. Wore my socks around the room and by the end of the night they where black as the parking lot. Very unhappy with this hotel to have been redone as told on the web site. Overall I think housekeeping is in need of retraining or replacement in and management needs to double check the room cleanness.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is your basic fleabag. I stayed there for three nights as decreed by my employer. The floor material is a wood-grained linoleum-like stuff. There is no carpeting, clock, shampoo. There is not even a cover lid on the toilet. The shower is a stall shoved into one corner of the tiny bathroom. The help at the front desk is surly and disinterested. I would never stay at this place no matter who is paying for it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I like Motel 6 because it is pet friendly and inexpensive. When I travel I am usually going from one place to another and am just staying overnight. I got a nice quiet room about 6:30 p.m. I asked to be able to park in front of my door, so I was situated at the back of the motel, away from the pool. It was quiet, I fed the dog and ate my packed food and went to sleep. No problems. I intend to stay here again on my way through Hattiesburg.

Room Tip: If you don't want to use the pool, ask for a room toward the rear.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo