“It's a dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Portland, OR
“It's a dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is your basic fleabag. I stayed there for three nights as decreed by my employer. The floor material is a wood-grained linoleum-like stuff. There is no carpeting, clock, shampoo. There is not even a cover lid on the toilet. The shower is a stall shoved into one corner of the tiny bathroom. The help at the front desk is surly and disinterested. I would never stay at this place no matter who is paying for it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I like Motel 6 because it is pet friendly and inexpensive. When I travel I am usually going from one place to another and am just staying overnight. I got a nice quiet room about 6:30 p.m. I asked to be able to park in front of my door, so I was situated at the back of the motel, away from the pool. It was quiet, I fed the dog and ate my packed food and went to sleep. No problems. I intend to stay here again on my way through Hattiesburg.

Room Tip: If you don't want to use the pool, ask for a room toward the rear.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathleen A
Mesquite
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've stayed at many Motel 6's and this one is about average for the chain. The room was reasonably clean, however the bed was tired and saggy and the air conditioner had two workable settiings - off and freezing. It is somewhat over-priced for its over-all condition.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Betty L
Denton, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

we had to go to office every day to get clean towels when we checked in they said maid would turn beds twice a week she never even cane in the room

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed here for a few hours of sleep while waiting for a flight out of Hattiesburg. We were only here for about 5-6 hours, but they were terrible. The price was right at $50, but after seeing the room, we would have been better off sleeping in the car. Just some notes about this place:

- Check-in happens at a window with bullet-proof glass
- Room is nasty, with stains & bugs everywhere
- The shower stall is like an upright plastic casket - barely big enough for a normal person
- Drunks roaming all over the property
- The place feels VERY unsafe, as it's in a bad area of HBG

If we had known the place was this bad, we would have avoided it. If you absolutely must stop for the night in Hattiesburg, go up the road a bit and spend the extra cash at a better place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank magikmn
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I always try to stay at Motel 6. Every (other) Motel 6 I've stayed at has been TOP Notch. I have 3 words for my stay at THIS Motel 6. BEDBUGS BEDBUGS BEDBUGS. Not even clasified as low rate. Motel 6 should take their name offf the building and BURN the rest. I also stayed at a Motel 6 in Meridian, Ms and that motel was also rated Top Notch in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
central arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We were on our way to Florida for a family vacation, and was very tired from traveling. We decided to get a room for the night. We saw the $43 per night sign out front of the Motel 6, and thought that might be a good place to stay. WRONG!!!!! We stayed in the room next to the office, thinking this might be a quiet room. WRONG!!! We noticed the security guard walking up and down the road as we got our things out of the car. This should have told us to check out immediately, but we didn't. We went to take a shower, but there were no washcloths, I went to the office and asked for some, but was told they only had hand towels. There was no drink glass to go with the ice bucket. The floors were filthy, because our clean feet were dirty not long after the shower with the hand towel. To top all this off, the bed covers smelled, and there was activity outside of our room all night long. I spent half the night trying to figure out what the loud noise was that we kept hearing in our room. It was very annoying.

I only wished that I had read trip advisor before our trip. We really hadn't planned on staying in Hattiesburg, but that is where we ended up. There are many other hotels there that are nicer. Take my advice, and run from this one!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple