“Horrible, Horrible Dungeon”

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
El Paso, Texas
“Horrible, Horrible Dungeon”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed here with almost 40 members of my company for a very long (approx. 60 days) stay. I have nothing good to say about this place. Very poor construction (paper thin walls, you can hear hear absolutely everything from nearby rooms), lackluster staff with no customer service skills whatsoever. The hotel was undergoing a major renovation during our stay.... here's the kicker: they insisted our rooms were to be renovated while we were in them.... couldn't even wait until we checked out! Foreign owned and operated. BEWARE

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Filmcraft

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
alabama
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I booked my room months in advance. Our high school was having a show choir competition and the show choir stayed there and so did the parents. I booked early when the school did. I reserved a room with 2 beds as I was sharing my room with 2 other mothers. I had purposely let them know when I made reservations that I needed the double room and they assured me they still had a few left. Got there and the room was a king bed. I called them and let them know that I had reserved a double room. They told me there were no more double rooms as they were all booked to the students. Our group was a small one but they had other groups there also for many different occassions. They said they would send a roll away which I was ok to settle for. There were also only two sets of towels in the room and I told them we needed 4 more sets. Also the garbage can was full of someones take out meal so I put the can outside the room as I left for dinner thinking they would get it when they brought up the roll away. This was at 5:30 pm. when we got back at 9:30 the roll away was still not there. I had to call down for it again and they finally sent it. I called about the towels and they asked for us to come down and get them as they were busy. I forgot to tell them about the garbage can and it was still there after they delivered the roll away and when we checked out the next morning. The bath room is tiny with no counter space at all. Just a sink and tub and commode. The three of us had to get ready in the room itself as there was no room for even one to get ready in bathroom. The breakfast was fix your own which would have been ok if the hotel had not been full. We had to stay in line for over 30 minutes just to get a waffle we fixed ourselves. One reason was that they only had one woman doing the breakfast and she ran from one place to another trying to keep the food replinished. They needed more than one waffle cooker with that many people. I dont even like waffles but that was essentially the only choice. I think they were supposed to have sausage and biscuits but they did not. They kept running out of everything and then everyone had to wait even longer. Will not stay here again and will talk to school about not staying there again.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank jking52120
BaymontHattiesburg, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this review, July 6, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thankyou for your feedback.

We sincerely apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each and every guest,but to exceed their expectations to make your stay home away from home.

We had a extermely busy weekend during your stay due to which we fell short of your expectations.

The Management has reviewed your concerns and have corrected all deficiency.

We are confident that if you give us another chance , we will make sure to meet your expectations. If we fail to staisfy you then your stay is on us.

Hope we are succesful to regain your trust.

Please feel free to contact us and I will personally make sure your next stay will be a pleasant one.

shreveport
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Clean room, friendly staff, comfortable bed, room had fridge and microwave that worked well. Continental breakfast better than all other low end hotels. Especially try the waffles that you make yourself with prepared batter. The hostess helps if you can't cook, like me. Overall excellent experiece, would stay here again and could not find any of the problems that others said were negative.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
BaymontHattiesburg, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you all on your next trip to Hattiesburg.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed December 6, 2008

All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't read any reviews before booking this hotel because it doesn't even look as if they are talking about the same hotel. This was without a doubt the BEST "traveller's lodging" (Holiday Inns, Hampton Inns, etc.) we have ever stayed at and we've stayed at a lot.

The place was immaculately clean and felt brand new. Everything, including the Internet worked perfectly, the breakfast was fine and there was even an Outback (restaurant) just a few steps from the door. While we didn't use it, there was a Fitness Room with 3 bikes and 3 treadmills as well as an outdoor pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful and helped us to find some local services we needed before continuing on our way. BUT, the best part for sure for us was the bed and bedding. Unlike the hard bed of the Holiday Inn room of the night before (Kentucky) this was a pillowtop mattress. Also, instead of those chintzy "Smart bedding" skimpy little things you get at the Holiday Inn, we got a sumptuous duvet--just like at first class hotels.

First rate and highly recommended for weary travellers.

• Liked — Super Comfy Beds
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank careyeroslib
Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you all on your next trip to Hattiesburg.

MS
Reviewed October 7, 2008

The hotel was ok but every surface was covered in dust, it was very noisey and dark. The elevator situation was a joke during heavy check in or out times.

• Liked — It has a bed.
  • Disliked — Dust.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank kq77
screenname69
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Friendly staff that go out of their way to assist with anything you need. Clean, comfortable rooms. Close to everything that there is to do in Hattiesburg. Will stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• Liked — Friendliness of the staff and the great breakfasts
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank screenname69
homebound83, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this review, July 2, 2008
Thank you very much! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!
Oxford Alabama
Reviewed April 6, 2008

I stayed two weeks at the Baymont Hotel in Hattiesburg, Ms. The room in my opion was very nice and comfortable. However I was in town on Business and had no Internet service almost the entire time which I need badly for my business. To top it all off I figured out what was wrong was my computer became infected by a computer virus which chashed my computer. This was determind by our IT computer team at my office. The computer is trashed and I have to purchases a brand new one. I was very lucky since I was able to save all my files except for pictures I had of differents projects.

• Liked — Lindsey the desk clerk
  • Disliked — The foreign guy who refuse to except the hotel had internet service and would not give me another room
Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Danny6
homebound83, Sales & Marketing Director at Baymont Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this review, August 5, 2008
Thank you so much for voicing your concerns! We always appreciate guests bringing a problem to our attention! I hope to reassure you and our future guests by saying that our internet problem has been resolved. We are deeply sorry for any inconvience this cause you during your stay at the property. Please do not hesitate to call with any questions or future reservations! Thank you for choosing the Hattiesburg Baymont!