“Every thing was good . We had desired to stay on 1st floor...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Hattiesburg
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Every thing was good . We had desired to stay on 1st floor but someone got our reservation confused. I was fairly well pleased other than this incident.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

When I first arrived at the hotel, they wanted to put me in the room right by the elevator and the room where the breakfast is served every morning and I told them they needed to put me in another room. I eventually got a room on the 2nd floor and the room was nice but I did have a few issues. My main gripe was that the latch that you would swing to open the door but still have the door be secure didn't have the piece on the door side to attach to so I had to hope that the lock on the door was sufficient. I always check my room thouroughly when I check in and I found cigarette butts in a small plastic bag in the table next to the bed and I also found a couple of old leaves next to the bed so they obviously didn't vacumn very well. My second gripe is that there is no insulation between the floors because I heard every step that the person above me took for the 2 days that I was there and he was very heavy footed.

Now about the rest of my experience. Kacie was working the front desk when I checked in and she was very curteous and helpful with getting the charge that was supposed to go against my credit card but for some reason it was never run but she got it all straightened out in a timely manner. I came down Saturday morning in need of a band-aid and the little girl behind the desk was very helpful in finding one for me and it was much appreciated.

Would I stay here again? Maybe if I was put in a room that wasn't facing Hardy Street but over all it was a decent stay.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a spa at this hotel and that's why I gave it a low rating.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Reviewed April 7, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was a nice clean hotel within walking distance to good restaurants. The only drawbacks were the Internet service was not working (girl at front desk said it was outdated) and the front desk girl is not visible because her desk is behind a wall or she is not at the desk and you have to wait for her to come back in. Other than that the room was clean, the bed was comfey, and the location was great. Hope they can get that wi-fi fixed!!

• Stayed: April 2014