“Budget friendly”

Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N.
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed here one night as a halfway point on a trip. We were on a budget and this hotel had favorable reviews. Thanks to those that made notes that the entrance is a little obscure. You basically have to turn into the truck stop to get to the hotel. The hotel is behind it.

The hotel is clean with a friendly staff. I was a little concerned about noise, our room was backed up the the truck stop. We never heard anything. I had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was the basic fair, nothing to rave about, but I didn't leave hungry. The staff was constantly cleaning and keeping up with the breakfast area.

I make this trip regularly, and I normally use Hattiesburg as a stopping point. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rednecktravelin123
KD P, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the EconoLodge in Hattiesbug, MS. Thank you for your kind words. We take great pride in our staff and we are glad to hear you and your team enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next season.

601-264-7221

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Staff - efficient & accommodating. Requested ground floor, received it.
Room - clean, enough essentials (towels, coffee, soap)
Breakfast - mediocre: biscuits/gravy, donuts, muffins, pancakes, juice, apples, coffee
Parking - very good. Ample space to pull in for those pulling trailers.
On the downside, hard to find location behind a truck stop, road to site has holes, dips filled with rain puddles.
For the price, it worked for us.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
KD P, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econolodge in Hattiesburg - MS. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Guest feedback is very important to us. Look forward to your future stay with us.

601-264-7221

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Staying at this hotel was a great experience! The rooms were very clean and it was quiet throughout the night. The staff was very friendly and respectful. The breakfast room was very enjoyable and ready at a very good time.

Room Tip: Don't second guess yourself about staying here! You will find space, cleanliness, and quietness...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Cesar A
KD P, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
Your positive review means so much to us. It is with great gratitude that we wish to thank you for finding the time to share to us your heart-warming feedback. It is indeed our goal to make each guest feel the warmth and hospitality we offer, as well as ensuring that they are comfortable at all times. The appreciation you have for the overall cleanliness, the spacious accommodation as well as the best value for your money gives us so much glee. Your kind words truly motivate us to always go above and beyond our call of duty to serve our valued guests well. We couldn’t wait to see you again very soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I'm often reluctant to book economy hotels like Econo Lodges due to negative reviews. However, I booked this particularly Econo Lodge due to the strength of the reviews. I was not disappointed. The rooms were very well-appointed and seemed more like what you'd find in a Quality or Comfort Inn. My king room came with a microwave, refrigerator, desk, and a table and chairs. I was only here for one night but I imagine that these features would have come in handy had my stay been longer. The best was clean and comfortable. I was also a fan of breakfast, which had the standard hotel fare (eggs, sausage and gravy, Krispy Kreme donuts). The only drawback I noticed is that the bathroom paint was really beginning to peel and chip (probably because of the humidity from the shower?).

Overall, this was a great stay, and what "economy" hotels are supposed to be all about. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mountaineer2015
KD P, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

KD Patel

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This motel is hard to find, behind a truck stop, and a donut shop, but the staff was pleasant and the room, for the price, was a great deal. The room was big and clean, the bed was good, the location was actually quiet. I also had a microwave, mini fridge, desk & dining table, for less than I've paid at places with fancier reputations. The location was close to the university & shopping (next exit) and an excellent Thai restaurant that also served sushi & Vietnamese food (Surin of Thailand).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SFBayou

KD Patel

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Don't let the location/first impressions fool you! This is a great hotel for a good night's sleep. Our room was large, clean, and quiet. We didn't hear a single noise throughout the night. The mattress was comfortable and we did not have any aches in the morning. The a/c and heat was quiet and worked well. Priced very reasonably. I can't imagine a better night's sleep in a hotel then the one I had here. Thank You!

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room, I asked for a quiet room away from everyone and they gave me one on the to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen M
KD P, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

GM
gm.ms137@choicehotels.com

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This was my second trip to the Hattiesburg Econo Loge Hotel. This time I had my 3 kids and husband with me and there was plenty of space. I didn't have a reservation to stay, because, we were traveling to another state. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Might not look like it is a quiet nice place because of the semi truck parking, but, the rooms are q...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sherrijohn0615
KD P, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Hattiesburg / Highway 49 N., responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Property CHI