“Excellent little cafe away from the crowd!”

Southbound Bagels and Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have been to Southbound many times and will continue to frequent the establishment every time I am home for a visit! Not once have I had a bad experience there. Whether you're there for breakfast, lunch, some coffee, or just to grab a beer, it is always an enjoyable experience. It's tiny size only adds to the appeal, like walking into your own kitchen. One thing you must do: Buy a loaf of bread! Made fresh daily, you can buy a MASSIVE loaf of bread for $5. I'll be purchasing the half loaf, next time. In short, if you find yourself in downtown Hattiesburg, don't skip going to Southbound. Great little business.

1  Thank prkr485

Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you want great homemade bagels and other fantastic food in an historic old restaurant building in downtown, this is the place. A very friendly staff and an interesting mix of customers gives this little cafe a real urban feel. Saturday sweet rolls are to die for!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

It is not common to find something that can pass for a bagel. I was warmly surprised by this morning opportunity. ** As is with all of Downtown Hattiesburg = Parking SUX

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love this little nook. They have the most interesting bagel and topping flavors. I love the cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter and jelly. Yum! Their lunch is equally delicious. There is just something undeniably awesome about ordering a sandwich and watching them cut you two thick slices of homemade bread off of the loaf right in front of you. The owners are the coolest and always up for a little chit chat. I like that you can drink out of assorted mismatched coffee cups. It's the little things like that that make this place so charming and a perfect breakfast date spot.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Excellent food, fun atmosphere, a great local breakfast! We were driving through Hattiesburg and went a couple of miles out of our way to go to South Bound. We were so pleased that we did. The owners and the customers were so friendly. I had the best cinnamon roll and my kids and husband had homemade bagels with eggs. Delicious and so fun!