“Loved the food didn't care for the drinks”
Review of Plaid Rhino

Plaid Rhino
Ranked #15 of 267 Restaurants in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food was great. I couldn't ask for a better hamburger, but some of the worst frozen drinks I have ever had. No wonder they were 2 for one. The kids enjoyed the free play in game room, but some of the children need to be better supervised by their parents. climbing on top of video games and running around the restaurant is not acceptable.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stopped here with my boyfriend on the way from New Orleans to Atlanta. The GM gave us a free plate of their fried pickles since it was our first time. They were amazing! I've never had friend pickles that weren't slimy or floppy - these were actually crunchy! After we devoured them my boyfriend ran off to the free arcade in the back of the restaurant while I had coffee and browsed facebook. Our burgers arrived shortly and were pretty good. Not the most amazing food ever, but still pretty delicious. The french fries were a little bland. Service was fantastic, our server was at our table just enough - not too much, not too little. I would absolutely stop here again next time we travel through!

1  Thank RadicalSally
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was the closest non-chain restaurant to our hotel so we walked over. Glad we did. The restaurant proper was a little too 'family friendly', and loud, for us so we asked to be seated in the bar. Good choice. Service was friendly, drinks were generous (glad we were walking), atmosphere fun, and the food was so much better than we were expecting.

We had the crawfish bread appetizer (good) and split an Savanna Sunrise burger (excellent). Highly recommend--but if childless, sit in the bar.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I think The Plaid Rhino is a great place for lunch but could use a better location since its down under a hill and not many people even realize its there. Other than that, the food is good, service is good and atmosphere is good. They even have a small game room to get the children out of your hair for a little while, while you enjoy your meal.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

They serve the best burgers in Hattiesburg on excellent soft bread. Free games for kids to play while you are eating and relaxing.