“The place for Italian in Hattiesburg”
Review of Tabella

Tabella
Ranked #10 of 269 Restaurants in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Tabella is always a good choice in Hattiesburg. They don't take reservations, but the wait was not long even on a Saturday night. The service is attentive and the wine selection excellent. We enjoyed the salmon and mixed grill, but one side of pasta was cold. I recommend the veal piccata ot the pasta carbonara which was excellent.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We ate here shortly after it opened, and were not impressed. We expected something special. We got mediocre to poor. The service was decent, though we were audience to the staff getting a lecture from the boss. The dipping oil was stale. Just not a great experience. We will not return.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I dined at Tabella as I was passing through town, and was pleasantly surprised! I was staying at the Fairfield Inn across the street and it was recommended by the hotel guest services.

I was greeted by two bartenders, Stacy & Katie, both of which were courteous, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I was in the restaurant business for many years and I really appreciate service like this.

I started with the toasted ravioli appetizer, which was delicious. The absolute best thing about this dish was that the ravioli are cheese, not meat. That is very hard to come by and I was excited to see it on the menu. The second best, the marinara that is served with it, I could literally drink it, it's amazing. They make it in house so it's fresh and you can tell the difference.

I had the Shrimp Tabella pasta for my entree. It was very good but there really wasn't anything that special about it. I kind of wish I'd gone with something else.

For dessert, I HIGHLY recommend the Chocolate Strato. It was amazing! It comes in a mug filled with chocolate brownie bits (no nuts) and chocolate mouse and is topped with a mascarpone creme. There is more to it than that but I don't know a better way to describe it. Just awesome.

Overall, I had a wonderful experience at Tabella and would definitely go back, if I find myself in Hattiesburg again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Tabella remains one of my favorite local restaurants. The food is consistently good, the service is above average, the atmosphere is pleasant and inviting, and the total product provides a dependable “value for the buck” dining experience.

My most recent dining experience was very positive, perhaps even slightly better than usual. My companion ordered one of the daily, chalkboard specials, flounder with mushroom, artichoke, and wine sauce over angel hair pasta. I ordered one of my regular menu favorites, the Chicken Picatta. As I often do, I substituted angel hair pasta with oil and asiago) for the menu-listed rosemary-romano potatoes (either choice is a winner). I also went with the garlic green beans as a side.

We both ordered an a la carte green salad with its very popular vinaigrette house dressing (derived from a family recipe). The side salads are quite large and could serve as an entrée for a light meal. We also had two orders—I can never resist the temptation—of their bread and dipping sauce. (As a personal preference, I always add a bit of pepper to the olive oil).

For us, the amount of food (especially with the add-on salads and extra bread) was sufficient to provide a filling meal and to allow us to have a “to go” box for all the leftover food. (We took home enough food for a most enjoyable dinner the next night).

We had a very pleasant server, Margaret, who was especially courteous and professional. She surprised us with the information that this just was her second night on the job. Her serving skills were impeccable. Evidentially, Tabella knows how to select and train new servers.

From beginning to end, our visit to Tabella was a big success across the board. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

3  Thank ColonelDoctorDennis
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Interesting food options with a pretty extensive wine selection. Italian fare with a something other twist. Staff was super. While I wasn't sure what I wanted, I sure enjoyed the stuff I got. Worth a return visit.

3  Thank Jaded-Bird