“Small but sweet”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Small but sweet”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We go there often. The park is right outside the gates. We like to take the children and let them run for a bit. It's a small zoo, but on hot days, that's a good thing. They have remodeled a great deal of the zoo, and there are shaded areas.

1 Thank TesaLMae

Pearl, Mississippi
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Something to do ?”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

It was great when I was little. I think everything is a little more magical when you are little. Now it seems like it's tiny and the bugs are really annoying. I don't seem to get irritated by gnats and biting things near as much at Jackson Zoo or Audubon. I guess it's good considering it's Hattiesburg.

1 Thank reneeisorym
Cardiff
211 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 349 helpful votes
“Gr8 for kids”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I took my 3 yr old granddaughter to see the animals and ride the train and carousal. A fun day for a few $$

Visited March 2011
Decatur, Alabama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A Real Gem”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This zoo is small but very clean and professionally maintained. The animals are exhibited well, and the admission fee is quite low. Definitely worth seeing!

Visited August 2011
4 Thank StarZombi
Central VA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Sweet Little Zoo”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This zoo is not big, and does not have a huge variety of animals.
Therefore it is PERFECT for a family with a preschooler in tow. No huge crowds, not a lot of walking, and the price is very reasonable.
$5 admissiion for each adult.
$3 for our son
$5 to rent a wagon
$2 each for the carousel and $2 each for the train.
We visited for under $30, which isn't bad for a morning outing.
The zoo is super clean and well kept. It is very shady and easy to access the animals. The habitats are rather large and spacious.
It features a splash pad with a shaded seating area for parents. I didn't know they had a splash pad, or I would have been prepared with my son's swimmies and a towel, but instead we let him have fun in his regular clothing.
He really enjoyed his trip there and it was the perfect size for us!
I would definitely return.

Visited June 2011