“Great Place!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This place has the best bar-b-que ribs in the world. The atmosphere is very southern and the service is excellent. The service is great, you feel like you are part of the family. Don't miss this when in Hattiesburg.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Leatha's is by far the best Barbeque anywhere around this area. It has been a staple for many years from Columbia to Hattiesburg & everywhere in between. It is world famous & many famous folks eat here when there close. You have to experience it for yourself to know how great it really is... LOVE LEATHA'S!!!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

BBQ Rating system:

1 Pig = Pretty Good
2 Pigs = Real Good
3 Pigs = Real, Real Good
4 Pigs = "Are you kidding?!"
5 Pigs = "Wow! You ain't gonna believe this S##T!"

I was just passing through Hattiesburg late last year when I decided to stop in on the advice of a BBQ guidebook I carry with me on roadtrips. My wife and I had just spent three days in Memphis eating Que a couple of times a day searching for the best in town. And you know what? After eating at Leatha's, we decided that hers was better than any of those Legends Of The Pit in "Ground Zero" of the BBQ universe. It just blew me away! I might have to move!

If your travels ever bring you anywhere near Leatha's--say, oh, within a couple hundred miles or so--you owe it to yourself to see what it's all about. Go there.

2  Thank Bob B
Reviewed October 23, 2012

WOW. You'll wonder by the looks of the place if you've made a mistake. Nope. Not a fancy building BUT you'll find some of the nicest "sweet" BBQ on this planet.

3  Thank Jaded-Bird
Reviewed October 5, 2012

It was yummy!

It is the typical rustic barbecue place, totally family run, by people that know barbecue!

My wife’s favorite Bar-B-Que is the Germantown Commissary, Germantown, TN. She says that Leatha's Bar-B-Que is almost as good. From her that is quite a compliment.

We both had the pork ribs and they were very tender and falling off the bone. Cold drinks and tea prices are very reasonable too.

I watched the waitress, most likely one of Leatha’s daughters, take the orders from a table of eight, then a table of six, then our table of two, followed by a table of three one behind the other. Then she went to the kitchen and placed the orders. She never wrote anything down, repeated every order rapidly to confirm the order at each table and from what I could tell got them all correct. She says she does that up to about fifty people at a time.

I also had a slice of the homemade pecan pie and it too was good. I asked and the waitress said her sister makes the pie.

Bottom line, stop and give it a try. We will be back whenever we are in the area!

Note: There is a sign for Leath’s on the highway, but you cannot really see the building. (It is located directly behind another building.)

1  Thank Dan_McG_Slidell