“Great food!!!”
Review of Purple Parrot

Purple Parrot
Reserve with OpenTable
Purple Parrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 267 Restaurants in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 38th Avenue
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was my first time here and I will definitely be returning the next time I'm in town. The service was great, food terrific and the bloody mary's went down smotth!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have eaten here before and have given it so-so reviews. However I had not been back since the renovation so I wanted to give it a try. I love the atmosphere and our waiter was a very nice young man and knew the menu very well. Our applitizers were fantastic, and they kept fresh bread and butter at the table. We all ate fish and although it was good it did not blow me away. the fish was pan sauteed and was a bit dry. The presentation was very nice and veggies were good. I really want to like this place but it has yet to just wow me, but I will come back and support what is a wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Although many people don't seem to understand that Purple Parrot and Crescent City Grill, while in the same building, are totally different restaurants, owned and managed by the same chef (because there reviews are lumped together here on TripAdvisor). Crescent City Grill is a general, middle of the price dimension, basic good food Grill (as the name implies). It is located on the left side of the building looking from the front. Purple Parrot is a much more expensive and more elegant dining experience which is located on the right side of the building. Purple Parrot is intended as an upscale dining experience.... Crescent City is intended as a casual dining experience, a place to go for a nice, but not special dinner.

I have eaten at Purple Parrot many times, having lived in Hattiesburg for 30 years. It is dependable and reliably good "special" meal. We would eat here for special occasions, and occasions when we wanted to be able to easily talk over the meal, such as an anniversary or birthday or special time like a retirement dinner, or an evening with frieds. Expect to spend $50 to $70 per person with drinks or wine. We ate there last week after a long break (7 or 8 years) and found it still a very nice place. Waiter was very knowledgeable about preparation and ingredients and also quite attentive. Lighting is right and although there were only about 8 other tables seated at 8-ish on a weeknight, a typical well behaved group of patrons. My wife and I both had the duck. It was done very well.... had no sauce (somewhat unusual). Wine and martinis were fine.,

There are four or five "fine dining experiences" in Hattiesburg and Purple Parrot is one of them.

1  Thank Chonce
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We spent a night in Hattiesburg and had dinner at the Purple Parrot based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was superb. First, there is a large, comfortable bar area. Second, the staff are very friendly and know their menu very well. As an appetizer, the charcuterie was great. We understand the chef prepares the various cold meats and the accompanying dipping sauce complemented the meats very well. The corn and crab bisque was equally done. We then had the lamb chop and the duck. Both are well worth ordering. All in all, since this was our first time in Hattiesburg, we didn't know what to expect but, if we are ever back there we will definitely return to the Purple Parrot.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

the service was wonderful. their burger is my favorite of almost anywhere. A classy respite of calm in a rush rush world.