All reviews breakfast area is spacious great value for the price easy access sized bed bagels southern mississippi staff was friendly continental breakfast new orleans clean rooms inns interstate university hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2019

I wanted to update on our dispute with choice hotels and sleep inn and suites in Hattiesburg , Mississippi . To refresh we stayed at sleep inn and suites in Hattiesburg on our way to Florida last summer, we arrived around midnight after driving all day and went straight to bed. Got up about six had breakfast and back on the road. When we got our credit card statement we got an extra $250 charge after a few calls we were told it was for smoking in our room. Neither my wife nor I smoke and have never smoked we tried to tell them this was a mistake, we had to get the BBB involved . The hotel to
D them there was butts , ashes, wrappers all over room and smoke smell was so bad they couldn't rent the room for two days, all this in six hours , how did we find time to sleep after 12 hours of driving. After many calls and hours on the phone with the corporate office we were told too bad we will do better next time , next time ? Do they think people are dumb? People research them there are many many similar complaints of credit card fraud from choice hotels. I hope this saves someone else from going through this nightmare.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2019

We arrived in January 2019. Assigned room #208 was cold and the heat had not been turned on. There was a big hole in the carpet. A drape was only half hanging. Hall carpets was dirt yand spotted. This property has really gone down hill.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

The exterior of the hotel is very clean, safe, and well lit. The entry is clean and nice. The staff was nice. The room was clean and didn’t smell nasty. The breakfast was good. Checkout was easy. The staff in breakfast area and front desk were very pleasant.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2018

So we arrive to a very, very dry front desk person, but that's miniscule. We checked-in, place was clean. We got back from our evening out and the toilet was stopped up. We called the Front Desk and asked for someone to come work on it. We were told we could come borrow a plunger from them. My roommate asked if there was someone on staff to do it, the answer was no we had to come get the plunger. So throughout the evening, the toilet had to be plunged repeatedly in order to use the restroom at all. Obviously there are unresolved plumbing issues seeing as to how we couldn't urinate without having to plunge for it to flush.

The "breakfast" consisted of dry egg patties similar to cardboard, sausage with virtually no taste, stale breads, a waffle machine, some yogurt, and bananas. We gave up and ate our leftovers from dinner the night before. I've eaten continental breakfasts before and this one was sub par.

Upon checkout, the two working the front desk couldnt figure out which of the 35 pages they printed was actually our receipt. They asked how our stay was and my roommate responded "Well not good, I had to plunge our toilet" and we got a very nonchalant, not caring "oh sorry."

Needless to say, it was a disappointment and we feel like we should send them an invoice for having to work on their damn plumbing.

Room tip: Just don't do it. You'll have to pee somewhere else.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed spending the night here paid for with my choice hotel points. We arrived about 830 and checked in and went to our room. Not many clerks thank folks for being platinum members anymore. Our room faced I-59 and it was a little noisy due to an overnight paving job. When moving the night stand I also found a dead cockroach. Overall our stay was good and we will be back next time we head towards New Orleans and Louisiana.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple