“Best Choice”

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Southaven, Mississippi
“Best Choice”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This hotel was very nice, clean & comfortable everything one would look for when away from home!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dimple v
Ashok P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Date: 10/30/12

Dear Sir/madam

First let me apologies for late responce, because I am the new manager for this property.On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.

Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to proveide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. However, it is only through our guest' eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for you kind words. We are commited to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Ashok Patel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I've stayed here twice, in different rooms each time. I've found the staff to be pleasant, the entire facility very clean, the fitness room and breakfast bar to be acceptable to my limited needs, and the price reasonable. My only complaint is that the only way to use the toilet standing up is to hold the seat up with one hand to prevent it from falling back down to the seated position. Since this has happened in two different rooms I can only conclude that this must be some hotel-wide issue of incompatibility between the toilets and their seats. It's a bit inconvenient and requires some dexterity to prevent a hygiene issue.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Ashok P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Date:10/29/12
Sleep Inn & Suite
6603 Highway 49 N
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
PH # 601-268-1722

Dear Sir/madam

I'm concerned about the experienced you had at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Nice little hotel. Clean looks nice and had a great rate.

• Stayed February 2012

Branson, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2012

rooms were very clean, beds were great as were the pillows. water pressure was good in the showers and staff was friendly. i work at a hotel in Branson Mo so i know how a hotel should be as well as their staff. my mother and i were very pleased. we will recommend it to fellow travelers. we stayed there Dec 27th, 2011 and hope to stay there on our way home!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Missi H

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This one in Hattiesburg was the second I've stayed at. They have everything we need in a comfortable room and the price is right.
Reception at this one was fast. The clerk seemed to be a student working the job but he did it efficiently, if not with a smile. The room itself was very clean, complete with fridge and microwave.
Check out was also swift and done by the same guy, who wasn't going to give me a receipt until I asked for one.
Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: Facing the parking lot, not the smelly creek behind the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank linds4516

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed here last night at a AAA rate of $72. It is a newer hotel by the convention center. Not within walking distance to restaurants. The next exit south had lots of hotels and restaurants, so we drove down there to Outback. They do not allow pets.

The room is large and the bathroom too. Nice flat screen TV with lots of channels and HBO. There are two A/C controls, so don't use the one on the wall....it's all controlled on the one by the window. We heard some highway noise, but not enough to keep us awake.

The breakfast buffet is where the average rating comes in. Lots of white flour and sugary items. We've stayed at Sleep Inns before and knew this about their selection. My husband did enjoy the coffee very much...nothing fancy, just good old fashioned Maxwell House.

The free wi-fi worked well and they have a business center. A fitness room too, but we didn't use it.

A good, clean hotel. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ilive4sun
New York, NY
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hotel is pretty new and has nice rooms with big flat screen TVs and pleasant showers. There is a quiet atmosphere, and the staff is very nice and professional . The hotel is reliably clean, modern & in good condition. Free breakfast is very basic processed foods, but they're free. We've found that this hotel has met our expectations consistently in a few stays, and represents value for money compared to other Hattiesburg hotels.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business