“YUCK!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gulfport
Comfort Inn Gulfport
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“YUCK!”
Reviewed June 27, 2008

We had limited choice for this last minute stay. It was very apparent this hotel lasted through Katrina and bears the scars. Yuck~ smelly and dirty.

Staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2008
1 Thank travel4workAA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
herbalcat
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Good stay. Queen size beds had extra padding plus extra fluffly pillows. Good breadfast. Clean room and nice staff.

• Stayed May 2008
1 Thank herbalcat
Louisiana
Reviewed May 4, 2008

This was the worst experience at a hotel ever! Upon check in, the lady at the desk was so rude and unfriendly. Early the next morning, my husband left to get breakfast and while he was gone, this older man entered my room (which was locked). I jumped up in bed and starting asking him what was going on, and why is he at my door and how did he unlock my door, etc. The man said that he was told that we checked out already (which we werent checking out for a few more days), and that he was there to clean the room. The man was not wearing a uniform and never knocked at the door. Thankfully, my husband was walking up to the room at the same time the guy was at my door. My husband made him leave and seeing how frightened i was, we decided to contact the front desk. We asked to speak with the manager and that was the worst possible thing we could have done. The manager never tried to correct the situation, or apologize to us, or offer us a free nights stay, or anything. Instead, he said that it must have been a mistake and there was nothing he could do about it. When i explained to him how upset i was, he told me if i don't [--] like it, to get out. The manager cursed at me and i hung up the phone on him. We immediately packed up everything and went to check out. My husband told the rude lady at the desk to get the manager and when he decided to show his face, my husband told him how unsatisfied we were with the stay and that he heard him cursing at me and that we wanted to leave immediately. The manager was extremely ugly with my husband and told me to shut up, etc. I would never recommend for anyone to stay here. The manager and the rude female should be fired.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank S0me0ne123

Travelers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Madison. Ms
Reviewed January 24, 2008

I want to apologize to the lady at the front desk for interrupting her personal phone call. I know I was an annoyance for trying to check into my motel room. Again I'm really really sorry. After I was trying to get over the evil eye the desk clerk gave me I drove to my motel room. The landscaping was nice with palm trees around the entire motel and the parking lot was well lit. Not one light was burnt out. Room was looked recently remodeled and was clean as a whistle. The only problem was the bed and pillows. The mattress must have been there since the hurricane(Camille not Katrina) and the pillows were like a bunch of cotton balls scrunched up together. At least there were five of them. Ended up sleeping in the desk chair for 3 hours. As I was leaving I got a phone call from the front desk telling me its check out time. I hung up in his face.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Beds
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 7, 2007

Room decor outdated and can use renovation. Carpet in room was old and "sticky". Left a weird residue on my feet after walking around barefoot for a while. Don't even want to think about what made it that way. I was so grossed out by this, I stopped walking around the room barefoot.

They ran out of non-smoking rooms, so I had to stay in a smoking room, which just reeked. I've stayed in smoking rooms before, and they don't necessarily need to smell bad. The staff just needs to air out the room when the smoker checks out.

Between the sticky carpet and smokey smell, my stay was pretty disappointing (luckily it was brief). The worst hotel I have stayed in quite some time.

Its slim picking in this area due to hurricane Katrina, but other places are starting to open back up. If you need to stay by the airport, try the Hampton Inn, which is pretty nice. I would have stayed at the Hampton Inn again, but it was booked up.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank dcmark73
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed May 15, 2007

The Comfort Inn was nice, but was nothing special. We paid about $80 total for the room for one night. The room was pretty big, but kind of sparse. There was free wireless internet and a nice desk chair, and there was a good continental breakfast in the morning. Overall, it was about what we expected, not much more, and not much less.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joeljkp
W.St.Paul,MN
Reviewed May 3, 2007

This Inn has been our favorite stop in Gulfport for a number of years. We were not disappointed this time around. This property was severely damaged by Hurricane Katrina and was completely redone. Our room was great and comfortable. Front desk folks were pleasant and helpful.

• Liked — Qualilty and cleanliness of the guest room. Krispy Kreme right next door
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple