“NOT A GREAT EXPERIENCE.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Orlando, FL
“NOT A GREAT EXPERIENCE.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

Here are the high points:
A gang, and I do mean gang, of young men were hanging outside at the front door when we pulled up. They were not the friendliest, and eyed us as we emptied our car. I worried that they were looking at where we parked it. It was scary. Our room was so humid there was a dehumidifier in the room, but it was broken. The carpet was damp and the room smelled. It was so late, and we were so tired from driving that we just dropped asleep, but the odor in the room was really unpleasant. The television had virtually no signal, and looked like it was vintage 1985. This is not a great property, Marriott can do better than this. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rina4720

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
BATON ROUGE LOUISIANA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights over the memorial weekend with our softball team and all 23 rooms we reserved were musty smelling and very damp all rooms have a dehumidifier but didnt help the smell and they have the hardest beds I have ever slept on felt like a stack of cardboard with sheets on it.on another note one of the parents got there on saturday and they had given her room away ? the airplanes fly right over you can see the runway just behind the hotel. over all I give this place a 2 out of 5 and the two comes from the staff they were great and the breakfast was Ok.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank tjnkriss
Chesapeake, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

I had an extended business stay at the Fairfield Inn. It felt like staying with family. As long as you don't expect too much, it's perfect - not too far from the Gulf and even has an indoor saltwater pool. It can get a bit noisy on the weekends. The staff is very friendly and helpful, typical of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Continental breakfast is basic but reliable. There are many restaurants close by. Biggest drawback that I saw was the hotel is directly under the final approach flight path for the airport, on short final for the usual duty runway. In fact the flight crews stay at this hotel. All in all, a good value and I'd recommend the Fairfield Inn in Gulfport to anyone.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

My husband, adult son and I were traveling from Atlanta to Houston via car to spend the holidays in Houston. We stopped at the Fairfield Inn to split our drive into two days. It's located not far off the interstate and there are many restaurants in the immediate area, a couple of which can be walked to from the hotel. It turned out to be a very congested area, but that might have been because we arrived around rush hour (yes, there's a rush hour in Gulfport!) :) The hotel was excellent for a mid-price hotel. We had a suite since there were three of us, and it was equipped with a microwave and fridge, which came in handy as we were traveling with food we kept cold overnight. The complimentary breakfast buffet had a nice selection of the usual cereals, baked goods, juice, tea/coffee, fruit, etc., with a pleasant staff. I'm a stickler for cleanliness, and our room was immaculate. We will definitely stop here on our next road trip!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2009

You can get this hotel for a lot cheaper than the published rates via Priceline. I thought it was very clean, the service was exceptional, had a small gym that was very well maintained, and an indoor pool. Everyone I thought went out of their way to make you happy...early check ins, late check outs, not a glitch anywhere that I could see. Place was very well maintained. It is within walking distance to proably 20 restaurants (try Tres Amigos...great sit down Mexican) and adjacent to a Wal-Mart. The only draw back is that it is directly on the flight approach to the airport. The airport doesn't get much action so not a real problem, but one or twice a day a sorti of fighter jets from Keesler will fly over....which I thought was kinda exciting. At night you hear nothing from the airport. I'd stay here again in a second. Great deal.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2007

This was a very brief stay -- just overnight with a very early departure -- so I am only able to write a brief review.

The property is located off the highway behind some fast food outlets. It is a little difficult to find, especially after dark. The property is very clean and quiet, but seems a little isolated. As traffic can be heavy on the highway, and there is no traffic light for the exit road, access in and out can be difficult.

The staff are simply outstanding. I was greeted with smiles and friendly conversation. Desk staff clearly stated their names, their schedule and how to reach them should I require anything. Many more expensive hotels should strive to do so well.

The room was fairly basic. The bed was comfortable, as was the desk chair, and the internet connection was quick and reliable. Everything was clean and well maintained, except for the bath area. The tub/shower had mildew in several patches and the shower curtain rod was very loose. Neither was a substantial issue, but seemed very out of character with the good condition of the rest of the room and hotel.

Overall, I was pleased with my stay and would recommend the Fairfield for others looking for affordable lodging.

• Liked — Comfortable Bed
  • Disliked — Isolation and access to highway
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DrDMC
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2007

I needed to stay one night near the Gulfport airport, and I needed a night at a Marriott brand to qualify for a promotion they were having, so I selected the Fairfield Inn over all the other options. The hotel is located in an extremely busy, trafficy area (and I thought New York had crazy drivers) but was really convenient to the airport.

The room was fine. It was small and there was not much floorspace that did not have furniture on it. The bed was comfortable and the room itself was clean. The bathroom was nice but the water never really got hot enough for my tastes. There were very basic amenities: shampoo, conditioner, soap. That's it and that was fine for one night.

I had a hard time finding the place, as Turkey Creek Rd. did not show up on my GPS and is not well marked. I drove past the turnoff a couple of times and the person I talked to when I called for directions was not particularly helpful.

Check-in staff were friendly. Breakfast was typical of the complementary breakfasts offered. Parking was ample.

• Liked — You can walk to grocery store and restaurants
  • Disliked — There was nothing special to it
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business