“Nice for 1 night”

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Mississippi
“Nice for 1 night”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel was nice and convenient to what I needed for a 1 night stay. The breakfast is average for a hotel of this price. The room was clean and there were plenty of towels and bath cloths. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows available; although, the double bed seemed to be so much smaller than the double bed we have at home. The fitness room and pool were nice. Just keep in mind that it's an indoor pool, so it will be small. I requested a quiet room and was told that I'd have a room with a refrigerator. We did stay on the top floor close to the staircase. It could've been quiet if it weren't for children on both sides of us and the walls in this hotel seemed to be paper thin, as I could hear everything they were saying and small children crying on both sides of us. I had packed my drinks for the refrigerator we were supposed to have; however, there was no refrigerator in our room. I would’ve brought a smaller cooler for the one night had I not been told that there would be a fridge in my room. Overall, it is a nice stay for 1 night. I doubt I'd want to stay more than a weekend here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Pamela L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for your recent comments. Your honest feedback enables us to truly measure if we are meeting our guests expectations. I'm sorry that you were inconvenienced in any way. We take great pride in meeting all Marriott standards and strive to exceed your expectations. I am truly sorry that we were unable to meet your request for a microwave and refrigerator. I am also very sorry to hear that you were unable to reach the appropriate level of peace and quiet that you looked forward to.
I do hope the rest of your visit here on the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast was enjoyable. If your travels ever bring you back to the Gulfport area I hope you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with an experience that you deserve. If you have any further comments about this stay or would like to discuss booking your next visit please feel free to contact me personally.
Pamela J. Lady
Assistant General Manager
(228)822-9000
Pamela.lady@pillarhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This place has the most pleasant front desk staff ever! Everyone we came in contact with, no matter what shift, was so pleasant and genuinely seem to like their job. The room, while clean, so very noisy due to the AC and the dehumidifier. I like my room cold to sleep, but the air never got cold, so that was disappointing. We were by the elevator but the AC was so loud I never heard the elevator, the planes next door, or my husband snore, so it was kinda a good thing. Very nice breakfast was included. The typical Marriott beds were so comfortable!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FoodieLuv
Pamela L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I first want to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Fairfield Inn and Suites in Gulfport MS. I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We truly have an amazing team. I do want to apologize for any inconvience you may have experienced with our A/C units not providing adequate airflow for your comfort level. I assure you that this is something we will be looking into further. Our guest and their comfort is our top priority and we strive to exceed your expectations. Again thank you for your response and we hope to see you again in the future.
Indiana
Reviewed November 25, 2013

While this is not the newest Fairfield Inn around, any possible negatives are more than offset by the staff. Yes, the rooms could probably use an update or refresh soon, especially with 2 new hotels being built up the road on I-10. But, it is still a very comfortable place to spend a night and the price was pretty much in line for this type of hotel room. Refrigerator was a nice bonus, the noisy a/c - heat unit was not, (probably the biggest negative) ear plugs took care of that problem. Dehumidifier in the room was also noisy, we just turned it off for the night. Beds were comfy and everything appeared to be clean. Wife used the washer and dryer. Dryer could be better, took way to long to get clothes dry, hopefully it will get replaced soon. Not the easiest place to get to or find, but overall you won't be disappointed. Make sure you get there before the cookies are gone.

Room Tip: Be patient, traffic in this area can be crazy. Look for the back road behind Walmart and circle arou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Was very surprised this summer how well the Fairfield Inns are maintained. This was the second one we stayed in this Summer. Very bright, clean and comfortable. The staff is awesome, form desk clerk down to housekeeping. I definitely recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

You start out with the fact that this is a Fairfield Inn. So you set your expectations at the appropriate level. But, within that framework, this is a very pleasant place to stay.

We arrived very late after a long day's drive. The receptionist was super friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, cool and the dehumidifier was nice. No issues with any noise. The bed was very comfortable!

The workout room was small but clean and the equipment was well maintained. The indoor pool was also very nicely maintained. The wifi was free and worked just fine. The breakfast the next morning was hot and kept well refreshed.

Overall very good value!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hiroshima, Japan
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I checked into this hotel for only 12 hours but it was pleasant clean and served its purpose well. Hot coffee at all times and friendly staff. Great shuttle service to the airport. The ladies at the front are always smiling and very helpful. Breakfast was on time and even a little early. I would highly recommend this for a basic stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Laurel, Mississippi
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great hotel. Room was comfortable & clean. Kids enjoyed indoor pool. Breakfast was good--especially chocolate muffins. Fridge & microwave a plus in room. Staff exceptional !!!! Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family