“Good Value”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed August 15, 2013

You start out with the fact that this is a Fairfield Inn. So you set your expectations at the appropriate level. But, within that framework, this is a very pleasant place to stay.

We arrived very late after a long day's drive. The receptionist was super friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, cool and the dehumidifier was nice. No issues with any noise. The bed was very comfortable!

The workout room was small but clean and the equipment was well maintained. The indoor pool was also very nicely maintained. The wifi was free and worked just fine. The breakfast the next morning was hot and kept well refreshed.

Overall very good value!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I checked into this hotel for only 12 hours but it was pleasant clean and served its purpose well. Hot coffee at all times and friendly staff. Great shuttle service to the airport. The ladies at the front are always smiling and very helpful. Breakfast was on time and even a little early. I would highly recommend this for a basic stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great hotel. Room was comfortable & clean. Kids enjoyed indoor pool. Breakfast was good--especially chocolate muffins. Fridge & microwave a plus in room. Staff exceptional !!!! Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were very pleased with the hotel, the room, the service, and the free breakfast. The staff was very attentive and polite.
I noticed that a previous contributor mentioned the dehumidifier being rather loud. I agree it was loud. We simply turned it off.
The hotel is also very convenient to I-10.
A member of the staff recommended a restaurant named Steve's Marine. It was overpriced and the food was subpar. But, that's another story. See my review of this restaurant!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We passed through town and stayed here for one night. The first room we were checked in to had a broken ac unit and was muggy. No worries, a quick call to the front desk and we were in a room with working ac. The rooms are comfortable and large. Each room has a dehumidifier that could be a little on the loud side but wasn't too bad. The hotel only has one elevator and I chose to take the stairs rather than wait. Breakfast was ok. It was pretty standard and had a small fridge full of jimmy deans type of microwaveable sandwiches, waffles, gravy, cereal, baked goods, and boiled eggs. It's a small eating area but I found a table, no problem.

Overall it's a good hotel and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was really impressed with Al'leigh enthusiasm for the job. She made the stay stand out because she was so personable with me and my lady. We were only there for a short 2 night stay, but I know we plan to visit again in the future. Overall, I was happy and appreciative of Al'leigh's service and the kindness of the room attendants that spoke to me. I would say, the complimentary breakfast could stand out a little more. It felt a little bland. Still, free isn't ever a bad quality and there are a lot of local eats to try!

Room Tip: Be on the look out for the turn. It came up on me on each drive back to the hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

- In scanning several of the other reviews, I echo the comments concerning location: around the corner from the GPT airport and free shuttle to/from (starts as early as 4:30 AM); can only enter onto Turkey Creek Drive (right turn) when heading north on Route 49; very convenient to I-10; and lots of restaurants (fast food, sit-down chains, and locally owned) within walking distance or a quick drive by car.
- Generally a pretty darned clean/neat room.
- Dehumidifier.
- WiFi worked fine inside, but I could not get it at the outdoor tables just outside the indoor pool
- Large comfortable bed.
- No refrigerator or microwave, though.
- Small bathroom sink surface space.
- Breakfast was a bit on the “weak” side. Only “hot” food items were waffles (make your own), a small crock-pot of “SOS” (a sausage gravy), anything that you can toast, and a couple of prepared/packaged items for the microwave. Posted (on the lobby wall) breakfast hours differ from that listed in the “in room guide book.” 6:00 – 9:00 AM on weekdays and 7:00 – 10:00 AM on weekends appear to be the ground truth. However, as the evening Desk Clerk advised, their kitchen staff (sounds like it is really only one woman) is phenomenal, and arrives at 3:00 AM, primarily due to commercial airline aircrew who stay there and have early flights. On my departure date, I (and an aircrew) ate at 5:00 AM, and it was “same-same” as the day before when I ate at 7:00 AM. So… “Kudos” to the breakfast person/team!!!
- Front desk team was very friendly; interacted with at least three young ladies during different shifts.
- I miss the “old days” where Fairfield Inns always had fresh-baked cookies available to guests every evening/night!
- Bottom Line: a nice stay at the Federal government daily lodging rate.

Room Tip: I was in Room 214, next to the elevator and behind the front entry façade. No issue with the elevat...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business