“Nice Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The rooms are gorgeous - love the bed and bedding. The breakfast was nice too. Didn't use the pool but it looked nice (indoor) and there's a hot tub. Restaurants all around and a Walmart! Little frig in the room. Cold a/c and a dehumidifier. Only problem: I booked with Priceline and when I called to ask for a double, I got trouble from the desk clerk. She insisted I had to choose King or double from Priceline (which is impossible). It took 3 calls and finally someone called the manager and I got a double. When I checked in, the staff was wonderful and friendly. I think they are probably pet friendly also.

Room Tip: I liked my room which was 1st floor by the side door. Easy access.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a nice hotel. I do love Marriott. The lobby and rooms were clean. The bed was wonderful. I need that mattress. My problem with this hotel is the management that made the stay terrible. My card for whatever reason would not work (only at this hotel though) and the young lady who waited on us had to speak with the manager. The manager was a cold as a slab of ice. She didn't speak to us or anything. They finally accepted cash. I was so unbelievably shocked because I rave about Marriott hotels all the time and my fiance pointed out how awful the manager was and sheer embarrassment came over me because this is the hotel i selected for his birthday. There's a Courtyard across from the beach (which did not show up on Marriott's site) and there's also a Residence Inn there as well. I will be staying at one of these from now on.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We always look for Fairfiled Inns when travelling. This hotel is conveniently located near the interstate and rooms are large and clean. Restaurants are close by and it makes a good stopping point for a tired travelling family.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Perfect proximity to airport. Rooms are a bit damp, but do come with dehumidifiers. Shuttle service and breakfast are great as well. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great stay and convenient to most local attractions. Very modern rooms and lobby. Clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Book ahead of your trip
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Alright, I checked in on a Saturday-- started up to my room and the lady at the counter put me in a dirty room- I'm talking about the bed was all messed up, trash in the trash can, just dirty. I walked back downstairs and let her know that it was dirty- she told me she needed to go clean it someone had just checked in and checked out.. I had my 2 year old son with me and he was so ready to go to sleep so instead I had to wait for her to go clean the room. She did say she would change my rate though since I had to wait. Well, when I got back to the room from when she went to "clean it" I went to put my son in the bed and the sheets were wet as they could be. It was like she just took them out of the washing machine and put them on my bed. Anyway-- I was looking at my checking account ummm yeah! I had gotten charged instead of credited the $33.60 she was going to credit me, I was also charged some other charge for $25 for who knows what and when I called the front desk to ask them why I was charged $213.60 instead of the $109 I was told she told me that it should just show up on my account... yeah its still not on my account. UGH... I can tell you one thing, this is the last time I will ever stay there!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Helton0615
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The room was lovely and quiet and the staff were very helpful. We used a crib and it was more than adequate for the baby.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family