“"Home away from home"”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This place was like my home away from home! The Manager's Lisa & Vicki made my stay seem like home! The front desk was supper friendly and the Managers welcome in the evenings was great! I am watching my weight so they made sure they had some health choices on it the next night! If you want to feel like you matter this is the place for you!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael C
Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments & review! It was with great pleasure that I shared them with our Team Members this morning! We are so glad that we feel like your second home and hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was a quick 1 night stay last minute. The late night staff member was very friendly and alert. The room was super clean and the bed was very comfortable and breakfast was good. The price was $69 before taxes but this was a last minute special.

If I can get this rate again I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mehtravels
Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! We hope to be able to accommodate you again in the near future!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at this Clarion Inn from 11-9 to 11-14 with my wife and two kids. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. We looked forward to the free breakfast each morning. Best biscuits and gravy ever!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank billymoe

Thanks for the awesome review! We enjoyed you and your family during your recent stay and hope you will stay in touch! We will make sure we have biscuits and gravy on the breakfast bar just waiting for your return! See you in the near future!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here during Cruisin' on the Coast (our second year here). There was hair in the bath-tub from the previous tenant. The rest of the room was fine. We were near the elevator but it was not disturbing. The "free" breakfast is what you would expect -- cereal, some muffins, juice. It is acceptable. My problem was upon check-in and check-out. I called three times to get the "credit card" situation straight. The manager "Lisa" was rude to me and not accomodating. I see there are other complaints about the staff in other customer reviews.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dixiep730
Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments on your recent stay with us! I am truly sorry you felt there was customer service issues involved. During our conversation we discussed a resolution to your credit card issues and it was to your satisfaction so I was unaware of any other issues. Please contact me at the hotel for further discussions on this matter.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked 12 rooms for 2 nights. 2 days before we were to arrive, I called to "confirm" again. I was told I didn't have any rooms, the group person had quit and we had no reservation. After 24 hours of panic, I was told they found enough rooms for us (I had 36 kids with me) and cut the rate $20 a room. We arrive at the hotel late one night only to have a room of our boys walk in on another room of boys! They apologized, didn't know how that could have happened, and gave us a rollaway to make due for one night since they were totally booked and we all scrunched up. We were able to get 12 rooms the next night and they told us they wouldn't charge us. I had given a pre-written school check the night we checked in. Upon checkout, I was given a check back for $88. After explaining to the desk girl that we were owed more money than that (since the room rate had been lowered), she told us she couldn't give us cash and that it would have to be a check and she wasn't authorized to write them. We asked her who was and she said the manager, but she's in a meeting. Finally after some time (she waited on others), she told us the manager wouldn't be back until 1:00. I told her I had 36 kids whose parents were expecting them at a certain time that night (it was 10:00 am when this all started). She said she couldn't help it. I asked her where the meeting was and she said, "on the property." I said, then go get her. She said "oh no, she's in a meeting with choice executives." I said "great, because choice executives need to hear about this!" After some time, she called for someone to go get her. My co-sponsor said I'll go with you. It was clear that he had no intention of going to get the manager, but because of my co-sponsor's insistence, he did. When they knocked on the door and asked for her, the manager came out and said to my co-sponsor, "you got me out of a meeting for this?!!!" She was very hateful but came to the front desk. She tried to explain to me how I was only owed $88. I kept telling her no, that it was much more than that. Finally I said, how much is a room a night with tax. She told me, so then I said, "then take that number and multiply by 22 and just subract!" Flustered and mad, she then went to the back office and about ten minutes later came out with a check for $492. She was still mad. I'm not sure what about anymore, but what a way to treat your customers!! The rooms were okay, nothing special. A few hairs in my bathroom, but the management is definitely the worst issue. I gave two stars because the rooms were decent enough and the one desk clerk that had worked so hard to find us the rooms and lowered the price for us, was extremely nice. However, Ms. Couch had her in tears by the time we left.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Misti L
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We chose the Clarion based on other's reviews and were not disappointed. Though is is a very large property, we were not bothered by outside noise. The pool area is well maintained. It is toddler friendly with steps that run the width of the pool. Poolside towels were a nice plus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 19Diane74
Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We are glad that you got the time to enjoy our pool with your family and that it was toddler friend for the little one! Hopefully we will see you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We only stayed one night on our way home back to Florida. Check in was fast and the staff was very friendly. The room was quiet and clean with the exception of the bathroom sink and counter. I wiped it down myself which was no big deal to me. The bed was comfy and there were two types of pillows on the bed to choose from. Lots of places to eat in the surrounding area and an outlet mall behind the hotel. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the bottom floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel! It's your feed back that makes us strengthen our guest service skills for the next time you come and stay with us! We hope to see you soon!