“WARNING BEFORE BOOKING!! Must read and be aware!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“WARNING BEFORE BOOKING!! Must read and be aware!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel and was ready to write an excellent review. The hotel is extremely clean for a "budget" hotel with no bells and whistles and the staff is extremely friendly. However, I just pulled my account and found that I was charged 3 holding fees equal to one full night stay each in addition to my 2 night stay. In summary, I will not have access to almost $600 for at least two days. I was not warned in advanced!!!! I have been informed that these charges will be credit within the next 2 business days and am crossing my fingers, but just want to warn others before booking. I have stayed at many hotels and have never had this happen. Some have informed me upfront there will be a deposit, etc. but the need for the 3rd night, which I did not even stay or book leaves me clueless. IN SUMMARY: My quick, low budget weekend get-away with my children (Fri and Sat night) has cost me right at $1000. which I did not anticipate. Granted, this money probably will be back in my account some time this week, but is not much comfort for a single mother!!!!

2 Thank Jill D
Jeremy R, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Unfortunetly debit cards don't work like credit cards and once you authorize them they actual removed the money from your account and it can take up to 72 business hours for it to return. I apologize for the inconvience and I can call the bank and have them release the pending charges if this would be helpful to you? Please call me at the hotel and I would be glad to do this for you! Lisa Couch General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The first night my son and I got stuck on the elevator and had to call the front desk for help getting out. You would think that the elevator would be fixed within a day or two, but it was never operable again throughout our week-long stay. When I asked about it I was told they didn't want to spend the money. Really??? You would rather your guests carry luggage up and down two flights of stairs than fix your elevator?

Room Tip: Check out the Hilton Garden Inn and Residence Inn one mile down the road on Airport Road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jeremy R, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I would first like to apologize for the fact that the elevator was done during your stay! It wasn't a lack of urgency that was preventing us from fixing the elevator it was due to the storm that caused the damage not only took my elevator out but alot others also. Unfortunetley we had to wait our turn for repairs. I assure you that it is up and fully functioning now! Again I apologize for the delay! GM- Lisa Couch
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed July 20, 2012

3 story motel with outside halls, two elevators, standard motel décor throughout. Check in took about 5 minutes. Beautiful outdoor pool and landscaping. Easy access from I-10. We arrived during a heavy thunder storm that had shut down one of the elevators, but it was back in service the same day.

The room was very clean, average size and fairly new furniture. Our room had two queen beds with four pillow each, fridge, microwave, dresser unit, small table with two chairs, full closet, flat tv, iron, ironing board, coffee maker, tea, hair dryer, large shower tub (no fan, so it steams up), single sink on a large granite counter in the bedroom. AC unit works great and is fairly quiet. Lots of lights.

Breakfast included waffles (with two makers which make things go much faster), biscuits and gravy, sausage links, scrambled eggs, yogurt, apples, oranges, bananas, four kinds of cereal, three kinds of juice, two kinds of milk, coffee, tea, oatmeal, grits, pastries, toast, muffins, and bagels. Breakfast lady made the kids nervous as she watches closely. Large breakfast area broken into three different rooms. I think they are remodeled guest rooms.

Very nice facility and service for two stars. We booked a second night as we were so pleased with the service. Would stay here again without hesitation.

2 Thank youthtripplanner
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed at the Clarion one night. Room was what we expected, very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. We were literally in and out the next day, but perfect for a place to lay your head....It's only 10 minutes from Biloxi and its a straight shot on the Interstate.

Room Tip: Perfect for a one night stay....
2 Thank George O
KS
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We booked this room last minute, trying to stay out of the path of the tropical storm. Fair pricing and convenient location. We arrived in the evening and there was some sort of mix-up on rooms--nevertheless they were able to find a room for us. Our first impression of the room was a little smelly--mildew. But once we turned up the AC, the air cleared. Comfortable beds, nice bedding-GREAT pillows! There was plenty of bath towels. Advertises HBO-but the picture was terrible-not a big deal for us, but might be for some. Breakfast was wonderful-organized with plenty of seating. Several fast food places very close as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kdwait
Jackson, MS
Reviewed June 28, 2012

When I read the reviews of this hotel, I had to give it a try. I normally don't stay at these hotels but I must say that my mind has been changed. I was here for work and had to stay over. The hotel room was clean, smelled fresh, clean sheets and towels. Bathroom was clean, carpet was clean. I worry about bed bugs and things but after reading the reviews and checking when I got in the room I was satisfied. DEFINITELY CLEAN AND BED BUG FREE !!!!! YES........

If you are looking for a nice place to stay when you come to Gulfport, MS that is reasonable and especially clean, give the Clarion Inn a try. You will not be disappointed. I definitely will stay here again when I return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Keep up the good work Clarion Inn.

I give your housekeeping an B+ Clean and bed bug free rooms is the key to getting customers to stay at your hotel. Keep doing what you do to keep your room clean.

The only thing I would suggest is that house keep pay more attention to dusting and getting spider webs out the corners. The head boards were dusty and there were cob webs in the corners of the walls and around the bottom of the air conditioning unit. Other than that, the hotel gets an A- in my book.

I am suggesting all my friends stay here when they come to the Gulf Coast. I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: I booked on hotels.com. Got a good deal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank blkman4u2c
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We are so glad we listened to the positive reviews! We stopped in Gulfport on our way home to Orlando from Texas. I'm a neat-freak germophobe so hotels are a big thing for me. We stayed one night at this Clarion and were very pleased. Clean sheets and bathroom, quiet, and convenient! There are quite a few hotels in the same vicinity but for the price, convenience, hot complimentary breakfast, amenities (fitness room/pool) and friendly staff, we'd absolutely choose this one again. AAA discount accepted and the front desk staff was glad to give us dinner recommendations. Located right off I-10 and within 8 miles from the coast. Definitely give it a try!

Room Tip: The further away from the road the better for quiet time
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family