“Nice stay.”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
KS
“Nice stay.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We booked this room last minute, trying to stay out of the path of the tropical storm. Fair pricing and convenient location. We arrived in the evening and there was some sort of mix-up on rooms--nevertheless they were able to find a room for us. Our first impression of the room was a little smelly--mildew. But once we turned up the AC, the air cleared. Comfortable beds, nice bedding-GREAT pillows! There was plenty of bath towels. Advertises HBO-but the picture was terrible-not a big deal for us, but might be for some. Breakfast was wonderful-organized with plenty of seating. Several fast food places very close as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kdwait

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Jackson, MS
Reviewed June 28, 2012

When I read the reviews of this hotel, I had to give it a try. I normally don't stay at these hotels but I must say that my mind has been changed. I was here for work and had to stay over. The hotel room was clean, smelled fresh, clean sheets and towels. Bathroom was clean, carpet was clean. I worry about bed bugs and things but after reading the reviews and checking when I got in the room I was satisfied. DEFINITELY CLEAN AND BED BUG FREE !!!!! YES........

If you are looking for a nice place to stay when you come to Gulfport, MS that is reasonable and especially clean, give the Clarion Inn a try. You will not be disappointed. I definitely will stay here again when I return to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Keep up the good work Clarion Inn.

I give your housekeeping an B+ Clean and bed bug free rooms is the key to getting customers to stay at your hotel. Keep doing what you do to keep your room clean.

The only thing I would suggest is that house keep pay more attention to dusting and getting spider webs out the corners. The head boards were dusty and there were cob webs in the corners of the walls and around the bottom of the air conditioning unit. Other than that, the hotel gets an A- in my book.

I am suggesting all my friends stay here when they come to the Gulf Coast. I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: I booked on hotels.com. Got a good deal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank blkman4u2c
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We are so glad we listened to the positive reviews! We stopped in Gulfport on our way home to Orlando from Texas. I'm a neat-freak germophobe so hotels are a big thing for me. We stayed one night at this Clarion and were very pleased. Clean sheets and bathroom, quiet, and convenient! There are quite a few hotels in the same vicinity but for the price, convenience, hot complimentary breakfast, amenities (fitness room/pool) and friendly staff, we'd absolutely choose this one again. AAA discount accepted and the front desk staff was glad to give us dinner recommendations. Located right off I-10 and within 8 miles from the coast. Definitely give it a try!

Room Tip: The further away from the road the better for quiet time
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed June 6, 2012

It's very comforting and exciting to know when you've booked a room for in the next couple of weeks, that I could look on here and see that the place hade excellent reviews. Makes you feel more at peace knowing and expecting a wonderful place to rest. We will be there in a few weeks!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Louisiana
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel memorial day weekend. Checking in was quick and the hotel staff was very polite and friendly. The rooms were very clean and we felt right at home. Anytime we visit the Gulfport area in the near future this will be where we will stay. This hotel was awesome.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeremy R, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Rochelle - Thank you so much for the Awesome review! We are so glad that your recent stay with us was an enjoyable experience! We love to spread our Southern Hospitality around to our guest so that you feel welcome and right at home! Hopefully we will see you soon! Lisa C - General Manager Clarion Inn Gulfport.
Spanish Fort, Alabama
Reviewed May 30, 2012

If you pay attention to the old reviews for when this property was a Hampton Inn, you will miss out on a very nice weel priced stay. We stayed over for a baseball tournament on a very full weekend and everything was wonderful. The room was immaculately clean, recently updated and very comfortable. I saw where others complained about the airport, but we never really heard anything. We stayed in the back near the pool in a corner room by the ice maker and it was very quiet. As others have said, the management and staff are great. Don't miss this one!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy R, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Margaret - I want to personelly Thank You for such a wonderful review! We are so pleased your brief stay with us was wonderful! Hopefully you will come back an experience some more of our Southern Hospitality! Hope to see you in the near future! Thank You again from - the staff and Management of Clarion Inn Gulfport!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the Clarion for a romantic getaway with my girlfriend. We loved our stay!! We were pleased with the cleanliness of the room, the courtesy of the staff, and the extra amenities such as a mini-fridge and microwave in our room. The comfy beds and complimentary, hot breakfast made us feel right at home. We will be back!! - PJL

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PJ L
Jeremy R, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
PJL - We at the Clarion Inn want to personnelly thank You for such a wonderful review and hope that your next romantic getaway is soon so that we may welcome you back to the Gulf Coast Southern style! Thank you again from our family to yours! Hope to see you soon! Staff & Management - Clarion Inn Gulfport!