“Ugh.”

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Oxford, Mississippi, United States
“Ugh.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé' and I decided months ago that we would come down to the coast for a much needed vacation and for my birthday!!! I went online found what I thought was a great hotel on the beach, had what I thought great prices and amenities. Called and gave my debit card number and everything was fine. Sent me a confirmation number. Money came out of the bank no problems. We arrive for our Perfect getaway and my card was mysteriously declined when I made the reservations I was told so I had to pay again. I go to our room call the bank and even they show it going thru months ago. I even pull up the e mail that the hotel sent and it showed paid. So I go back down to the desk and try to get it sorted out with the desk clerk (little guy long hair olive skin. AWFUL people skills) he was incredibly rude!!!!!! Talked to Susan the manager was pretty much told there was nothing that could be done since it was after 4. I explained that what I had just Paid was our trip money and all. Was told to handle it on Monday when the banks open. When I got my bill that they shoved under the door I saw charges for local calls when I was told that there were free local calls. The bathroom door handles have rust on them there is some kind of strobe light thing that keeps flashing all night! Hard to sleep with a party starting in your room!! We will NOT be staying at another courtyard by Marriott next year for our honeymoon. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on a budget. On a better note. The night shift staff were absolutely wonderful!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Sarah R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Arrived Friday to a very well trained staff and courteous employees, Easy check-in, won free breakfast for two days which was superb including custom made omelets. Room was clean and recently refurbished with a terrific gulf view..
Provided a free shuttle to casino and back.
Wedding Saturday and returned to plentiful parking
Checked out Sunday and headed off for a 5 hour trip home. After 2 hours a sentimental pocketknife was noted missing, called and manager Susanna called immediately back with it and sent at no cost. Honesty and integrity on top of a great stay. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Any floor with a gulf view. All rooms had fridge too.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped for one night on a trip. The price was good, and we walked to a great Italian restaurant two doors down. The breakfast buffet was good with omelettes. All in all a good place to stay. Free shuttle to a casino if you are interested.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a view of the gulf.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott, Louisiana
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Your staff,Ivana,Michelle, and Leanna were extremely accomodating during our stay and exceeded our every expectation. My wife Joyce and I will always stay at this facility when we go back to Gulfport, Ms. and we do so about 5 or 6 times a year. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of our friends. The staff is friendly and very helpful in finding things in the area.

Room Tip: If you want a friendly, helpful, and efficient staff, this extremely clean hotel is the right choice...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PercyF7
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Hurricane Katrina did a number on this area a few years ago as evidenced by the high water mark in the lobby of the hotel. We were traveling through MS and thought we would make a transit stop in Gulfport. This hotel was highly rated and was beachfront.

On check in, we were told our room was not ready (at 3:45PM) due to the previous guest checking out late. Thankfully we just had to spend a few minutes in the lobby. However, it was annoying when I asked for a late checkout, I was told that it could only be until 12:30. So I can’t check in because the previous guest had a late checkout and I cannot get even an hour extension. Just a sign that the hotel is not ran at the highest standards.

We were quite pleased with our room as we were able to get one of the double queen parlor rooms for only $20 more. It was set up like adjoining rooms but the other room had a sofa, TV, dining table and chairs and fridge. It was wonderful as we could put my daughter to bed and she had her own quiet and dark room.

One major frustration was with the internet. Our lap top could not connect even though we had no issued the previous night at another Courtyard. I called the front desk and was given a number to their internet service provider. After 30 minutes on the phone, we got connected at dial up speeds and then it quickly crashed again. Having internet available in a hotel is a necessity!

Another frustration is the lack of elevators and their slow speed. They have two elevators, one by the main desk and another halfway down the hall. If they were faster, it would have been more tolerable. If back in Gulfport, I will try somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DaveLD
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 24, 2012

All clean service was good and if you want to be close but quiet and just far enough away from things its good for the price. Good access to beach hardly know one at beach ever and there pool is clean and always empty. Jacuuzi was awesome we were there for 3 days and only saw a couple people in pool and its big and nice.

Room Tip: when you reserve ask for ocean front as early asap.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruce P
Naples, Italy
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I'm sure some rooms boast a great view, but all we could see was the pool area. The room never did lose the humid feeling and the lack of free breakfast was disappointing. In all, though, the hotel was clean and the staff pleasant. It worked fine for a one-night stopover.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Janice B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport
Holiday Inn Express Long Beach
Home2 Suites by Hilton Gulfport I-10
Residence Inn Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - Renovated
Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport

Been to Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront? Share your experiences!