Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the streethurricane katrinagulf viewwater linetypical courtyardbeach view roomfire pitnice hotellarge poolbeach blvdfirst floorfront desk staffparking lotstaff was very friendly and helpfulholiday innthe room was niceup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I were on a vacation/2nd honeymoon/anniversary trip. We didn't make reservations because we just wanted to go wherever we felt like going. This Courtyard property was available, and we felt like going west, so we booked it the day before we went there. We used 2 free Marriott rewards nights which the chain took very easily, even in the summer. We had no idea when we booked that this actual hotel had been trhough so much destruction with hurricane Katrina. Just staying here was a humbling experience for me. Take a look at the water line mark in the lobby, go over to the atrifacts cabinet and check out the things that were salvaged afterwards and definitely do not miss the Katrina channel on the TV in the room. Very humbling and my hats off to you staff folks that did the filming during that devastating time.
About the hotel....I echo the other reviews that said this hotel is very nice, very clean, and the staff is terrific!!!! A tall gentleman checked us in (Dennis, maybe?) and was so very helpful with maps and directions and suggestions about eating. He and some other guys behind the check-in desk were happy to share some stories about the hurricane and the re-building efforts and we were so glad thay didn't seem to mind doing that.
The beach is very close, and I agree that the walk across 90 is a little dicey, and I would not want to try it with small kids. But the sand is nice, even if the water is brown and nasty looking. But the beach was relaxing.
I hate that I was not able to get into the pool, especially after reading the reviews, but the 2 days we were there, the area actually had enough rain that the weather reporters were saying maybe the drought had been busted a bit. So, my foray into the pool was shot down. I took the opportunity to sleep in and read and then nap again. It was wonderful!!
We enjoyed looking around Gulfport and Biloxi & the whole area. Yes, there are a LOT of steps to nowhere except for concrete slabs and old foundations, but it sort of make a person realize whats really important in this life when all is said and done. We were very happy we decided to visit this area.
And this Courtyard is worth booking if you go to the area. It is great! It also has the most HUGE lobby I have ever seen in a Courtyard!!! And breakfast was good with great staff there as well.

Room Tip: Just ask! I found this hotel staff happy to help!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisaj1962
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My kids and I came to Gulfport for spring break and this hotel was amazing!! The staff truly displays that southern hospitality. It was genuine and they all looked like they loved their job. The hotel was spotless; very organized. The icing on the cake was the beachfront view. Taking the kids to the beach was such an amazing plus in addition to the pool. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JKT2003
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Staff polite, rooms/facility very clean. Very nice salt water pool. Beach infront of hotel clean and not crowded....we were there on a weekend.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Nursegirl01
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This was a very nice hotel. We asked for an upper floor room (they did not give us one with an ocean view by default). Good-sized room, although the bathroom was pretty small. Just across the road from the beach (nice warm water, but very shallow - no real swimming). The hotel pool is huge & divided between the deep & shallow ends. They even provide some pool toys (noodles, etc.). Part of the time there was an employee stationed outside where you could get refreshments. The huge down side for us was the smoking area right by the pool where employees & possibly guests would sit (not as nice of a swim). Not much within walking distance, though we did find a nice Italian place next door.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view if you can get it.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank civil23
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel while passing through Biloxi/Gulfport, MS on the way home from a trip. The hotel faces the Gulf of Mexico and is across the street from a beach. The hotel was clean and nice but pricey. This area was heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina. As you drive down the road, you see slab after slab with nothing on it. This hotel sustained damage and they show you the high water mark in the lobby. They have renovated and it was nice for a one night stay but the room rate of $175 was way too high. The beach is in walking distance. The sand is white and nice but the water is brown. This is typical of the Gulf unless you are in the Florida area where it's clearer and cleaner. The casinos are within a few miles but not many restaurants in this area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family