Ramada Gulfport
Clarion Inn(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$76
$71
ClarionHotels
Best Western Seaway Inn(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$68
$64
$70
$63
ComfortInn
Comfort Suites Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$72
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$110
Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$99
The Guest House at Gulfport Landing(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$107
Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront(Gulfport)(Great Value!)
$152
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2008

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend for a high school graduation. This is an "old school" Holiday Inn motor lodge, reminiscent of the "motels" I stayed in as a kid going on vacation in the late 60's and early 70's. The rooms were clean and large, and open to the outside, which I like. The hotel is built around a large pool that bustles with activity. While we were there, there was some type of biker rally or convention going on, so motorcycles were parked everywhere, even by rooms next to the pool.

This hotel had the first business center internet access that I have ever seen actually work. The bar is small and was quite lively. The hotel apparently no longer has a sit down restaurant. The venerable Blow Fly Inn relocated to the hotel premises following Katrina, but has re opened in its former location. They served a buffet breakfast in what amounted to a large meeting room. As we were on a pre paid rate (80.00), we were not given breakfast vouchers and did not eat at the hotel. They do have coffee in the lobby.

One of the best things, and the worst things, about the hotel is its location. Easy access to 1-10 and a wide variety of restaurants. The traffic on U.S. 49, however, is hideous, and frankly, dangerous. For nearly all day you would think you were on the 405 in SoCal. Things calm down at night.

This hotel is a solid value at less than $100.00 per night, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank eyewall
Reviewed December 31, 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a quick casino getaway. I chose it based on price, and it was almost the lowest price in the area. Similar hotels in Biloxi were at least twice as high, and other 3 star hotels in Gulport were very overpriced IMO. This hotel is old, but our room and the grounds were clean. The bed sheets were clean (no hairs) and the shower/tub was also hair-free. The room had a chair/ottoman, desk, refrigerator, and microwave. They also gave us plenty of towels (4 for one night).There is a restaurant there, but we didn't eat at it. The front desk lady was not overly nice, but we did not have any problems. I think $75 on a weekend is a pretty good price for this hotel in this area, where anything else decent is at least $125. I'm sure the Farfield Marriot is nicer, but I wouldn't pay $50 more for it!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank galady99
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Stayed at the Holiday Inn as part of a road trip in the Deep South. Stayed in Room 227. JUst off the I-10, near to coast road. The area is still recovering from Hurricane Katrina. Great Welcome, large room, including microwave & fridge. The problems started with remote control for TV not working. The following morning while trying to use sink noticed that plug got stuck in sink, then while attemptig to have shower the big problem - not hot water. Explained to desk clerk, who informed that manager was at church and couldnt be disturbed. Was offered $10 off bill. Tried to contact manager via email upon return to UK, and was given extremely rude reply. Simply unacceptable customer service. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2007

This is an older property, complete with rooms you enter from outside. But it's well kept -- clean, comfy, free Wi-Fi, lots of channels on the cable TV. You can't beat the breakfast coupon. And the front desk folks were extremely pleasant and efficient.

There's a Wal-Mart Supercenter across the street (though I would suggest driving, rather than trying to cross on foot).

I wouldn't move in, but for a night or two at $79, this is hotel is fine.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2006

I've read the other reviews.. and let me begin by asking.. have you seen- I mean smelled- Sun Suites? (which is 2 minutes away) Talk about police raid in the works! We made reservations because we thought a suite for 69 bucks was such a good deal.. But when we went there and smelled god only knows what- we tried to get our money back.. Needless to say they had a 24 hour cancellation fee.. We ate that $69.00 with a coke and a smile;)
No, Holiday Inn's front desk chick wasn't too enthused about giving directions to Crossroads mall- But I don't hink she was from MS, or even the US for that matter.. But let's recall for a minute what happened to this poor place back on August 29th, 2005.. How enthusiastic would you be people!! She probably came down here trying to help the devastation that was left behind in the aftermath..
But when you walk into the room...oh it was sooo clean smelling; actually I've never smelled such a sweet combined with clean scent such as the one I encountered walking into room 152-smack dab in front of the pool mind you.. ;)
Never mind that I would never take a dip in a hotel pool that's probably pee infested with god only knows what else- it was still nice to see the others having fun while we walked out of our room to go on a hunt for the 'crossroads mall'..
We ate at Montana's, which is literally 5 minutes away from the hotel, and let me say that this place was built right out of an old western.. It was beautiful! Everything from the roof to the walls to the floors were a beautiful wood.. glossy beyond belief! Along with the grand piano in the middle of the restaurant playing Etta James and other oldies that us twenty somethings like but don't "bump in the car" lol, which I was so tempted to go play- no one knows that I can- lol .. The fried shrimp and French Quarter gumbo were fabulous!
And the hotel lounge... ah, Mona's Lounge.. Had all the regulars who we're apparently from the surrounding area.. This one young guy actually bid farewell to every single person in the place.. which isn't too big.. I think they had one pool table and about 10 bar stools, give or take.. A jukebox and a smile on Ramona's face had us two drinking amoretta and pineapple juices and Michelob drafts well into the night.. Talking with these two -bless their hearts- drunk contractors who's next line should have been, "But you ain't got no legs Lieutenant Dan" who asked for our room number so they could put the tab on it before leaving.. My significant other didn't like that too much, assuming they liked me...Oh what does it matter we had about 5 drinks in us ..

At the end of the night, walking back to the room seeing the pool sparkling in the moonlight under the stars, we would have probably jumped in had it not been for the 20 or so people sitting out there having a good time.. I would have been p'd off the next morning though, not only because I don't swim in public pools, but because we would have missed breakfast from sleeping in..

The breakfast at the Blow Fly Inn (the hotel's restaurant) was awesome.. The french toast? ohmigod!! Then when u check in they give you a $15 off coupon which meant our 9 course breakfast was only $6.. I mean the coffee was so good we had to ask our waitress what kind it was. Folgers she says with a grin and some more cream..

I really enjoyed our night there and to all the negatives out there..
Give these people a break.. From someone being from New Orleans, a hurricane ravaged place, I was glad to see one of the nations best hotel chains up and running in a place far more damaged than New Orleans.. Heck all we had was a levee breach--these people had a 15 foot surge that came in with hate and out with everything off the slab...

PS... We're going there tomorrow and this time we'll actually go to the beach!!!
<3, Gracie