“Found a bug...”

Ramada Gulfport
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
“Found a bug...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were in town for a soccer tournament and this was one of the mandatory hotels that we had to choose from. The front desk staff etc was just ok. My son found a bug in his bed. Needless to say...never again will I stay in this hotel. I know and expect bugs in the south, but never in my bed. It was treated as no big deal and it was a huge deal to us.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank mhcornucopia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed June 18, 2012

You can't sleep comfortable because you scared of what you might find when you wake up. This place smelled awful And on top of that, the place was infested with spiders,everywhere. the carpet was just filthy,stinking,and dark and gloomy. The sheets look like they were just used, just awful,the shower curtains had dried feces covered in it. I don't appreciate it. The comforter was stained as though they never washed them.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Themanlle

Travelers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Pineville, Louisiana
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed here for only 1 night (would have stayed longer had time allowed). Great experience. I had booked thru another travel site and got a good price. The check in was so fast and easy. The lady at the desk, Kima, was a sweetheart. Nice, clean rooms (we had 2) Updated colors and more modern furnishings. Bed was firm & comfy, pillows fat & squishy. Pool was so pretty, blue, and clean. Breakfast was good. I was hoping for a little more, but it was fine...waffles, lots of choices of cold & hot cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, juices, milk, coffee. The only thing that was perfect---our ac wasn't blowing hard enough. The one in our other room did blow freezing cold however. We had all been at the beach all day and were sunburned, so wanted COLD air. We had gotten 2 rollaways for the kids. When I checked out I told Ms. Kima that our ac wasn't as good as we wanted and she comped one of the rollaways..a $10 charge. She really is a sweetheart and she should get a raise management!! Def will stay next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing pool--it's very pretty. Checkout isn't til noon---a big plus!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Mississippi
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I booked this hotel on Hotels.com based on the favorable ratings and the rate. When we arrived at the hotel (after our 3 hr drive) and I went in to check in. I looked at the lobby and it looked dingy and worn down. That should have been my first warning. I got our keycards and drove around the building to get to our room.

I left the family in the car and went to check the room out. First thing I noticed when I opened the door was the smell--damp and dirty. I then looked over the beds and furniture in the main room. Well used but servicible. The fridge looked okay but when I got to the bathroom..wow.

I am talking about dirt in the corners, dirty grout, a loose and dirty toilet seat. Especially around the hinges for the seat-- they were black (this is a white toilet seat). The shower did not look sanitary either.

I made my choice then that this was not something that could be fixed with a simple cleaning and decided to exit, cancel my stay and go find another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wolverine19122
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Our car (and the car next to ours) were broken into in the hotel parking lot. We were up til after 3 AM dealing with the police report, etc. The night staff were nice about it, but the day staff were a different story. They wouldn't even waive the fee for a late checkout the next day! Given that our car was broken-into due in part to their total lack of security, their attitude seemed pretty shocking. They seemed to act like the whole thing was no big deal. Just unbelievable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SFB B
Brookhaven, Mississippi
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at this Ramada this weekend for a business trip. The room was clean and was equipped with a mini fridge and a microwave. The only problem was that the mattresses and pillows were horrible. If I had not brought my pillow, I wouldn't have slept at all. If these things were replaced, this would be a decent place to stay. Loved the location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Odessa, FL
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed there over night on our way to Louisiana. From the moment we checked in the hotel staff was extremely friendly! They are a pet friendly hotel and received my daughter and I with our two dogs with open arms. Remote to tv was broken and they fixed within 10 minutes. Only downfall I saw was on checkout, the hotel lobby smelled a little off. I would definitley stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family