“Not the best Holiday Inn in the chain”
Review of Ramada Gulfport

Ramada Gulfport
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Stayed at the Holiday Inn as part of a road trip in the Deep South. Stayed in Room 227. JUst off the I-10, near to coast road. The area is still recovering from Hurricane Katrina. Great Welcome, large room, including microwave & fridge. The problems started with remote control for TV not working. The following morning while trying to use sink noticed that plug got stuck in sink, then while attemptig to have shower the big problem - not hot water. Explained to desk clerk, who informed that manager was at church and couldnt be disturbed. Was offered $10 off bill. Tried to contact manager via email upon return to UK, and was given extremely rude reply. Simply unacceptable customer service. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 2, 2007

This is an older property, complete with rooms you enter from outside. But it's well kept -- clean, comfy, free Wi-Fi, lots of channels on the cable TV. You can't beat the breakfast coupon. And the front desk folks were extremely pleasant and efficient.

There's a Wal-Mart Supercenter across the street (though I would suggest driving, rather than trying to cross on foot).

I wouldn't move in, but for a night or two at $79, this is hotel is fine.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2006

I've read the other reviews.. and let me begin by asking.. have you seen- I mean smelled- Sun Suites? (which is 2 minutes away) Talk about police raid in the works! We made reservations because we thought a suite for 69 bucks was such a good deal.. But when we went there and smelled god only knows what- we tried to get our money back.. Needless to say they had a 24 hour cancellation fee.. We ate that $69.00 with a coke and a smile;)
No, Holiday Inn's front desk chick wasn't too enthused about giving directions to Crossroads mall- But I don't hink she was from MS, or even the US for that matter.. But let's recall for a minute what happened to this poor place back on August 29th, 2005.. How enthusiastic would you be people!! She probably came down here trying to help the devastation that was left behind in the aftermath..
But when you walk into the room...oh it was sooo clean smelling; actually I've never smelled such a sweet combined with clean scent such as the one I encountered walking into room 152-smack dab in front of the pool mind you.. ;)
Never mind that I would never take a dip in a hotel pool that's probably pee infested with god only knows what else- it was still nice to see the others having fun while we walked out of our room to go on a hunt for the 'crossroads mall'..
We ate at Montana's, which is literally 5 minutes away from the hotel, and let me say that this place was built right out of an old western.. It was beautiful! Everything from the roof to the walls to the floors were a beautiful wood.. glossy beyond belief! Along with the grand piano in the middle of the restaurant playing Etta James and other oldies that us twenty somethings like but don't "bump in the car" lol, which I was so tempted to go play- no one knows that I can- lol .. The fried shrimp and French Quarter gumbo were fabulous!
And the hotel lounge... ah, Mona's Lounge.. Had all the regulars who we're apparently from the surrounding area.. This one young guy actually bid farewell to every single person in the place.. which isn't too big.. I think they had one pool table and about 10 bar stools, give or take.. A jukebox and a smile on Ramona's face had us two drinking amoretta and pineapple juices and Michelob drafts well into the night.. Talking with these two -bless their hearts- drunk contractors who's next line should have been, "But you ain't got no legs Lieutenant Dan" who asked for our room number so they could put the tab on it before leaving.. My significant other didn't like that too much, assuming they liked me...Oh what does it matter we had about 5 drinks in us ..

At the end of the night, walking back to the room seeing the pool sparkling in the moonlight under the stars, we would have probably jumped in had it not been for the 20 or so people sitting out there having a good time.. I would have been p'd off the next morning though, not only because I don't swim in public pools, but because we would have missed breakfast from sleeping in..

The breakfast at the Blow Fly Inn (the hotel's restaurant) was awesome.. The french toast? ohmigod!! Then when u check in they give you a $15 off coupon which meant our 9 course breakfast was only $6.. I mean the coffee was so good we had to ask our waitress what kind it was. Folgers she says with a grin and some more cream..

I really enjoyed our night there and to all the negatives out there..
Give these people a break.. From someone being from New Orleans, a hurricane ravaged place, I was glad to see one of the nations best hotel chains up and running in a place far more damaged than New Orleans.. Heck all we had was a levee breach--these people had a 15 foot surge that came in with hate and out with everything off the slab...

PS... We're going there tomorrow and this time we'll actually go to the beach!!!
<3, Gracie

5  Thank GracieLyn
Reviewed August 8, 2006

Stayed one night at this hotel. Someone else booked it for me, so I had no chance to check out its amenities. Unfortunately, I didn't find it worth the money I spent on it (USD 129 for a double). No breakfast was available, whereas other hotels for a cheaper price would offer breakfast! The room was old and smelled musty. The property is right on the take-off/landing path of planes in the nearby airport, and I could hear the sound of jets flying overhead in the early morning. The place had lots of kids in it - and they were noisy! Their moms and dads were just as noisy. I didn't like my stay at this place.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Joe_Martin516
Reviewed June 18, 2006

I've never been in a hotel where the staff were so obnoxiously unfriendly and disgruntled about working there. It should be renamed the mad "everyday Inn.'" anytime you needed anything from the front desk the staff acted as if they were doing you a favor , hotel had new beds that was the only bright spot of my stay , I would suggest staying elsewhere , this hotel is no 3 star hotel , I would also eat across the street not in the hotel , carpets were dirty rooms smelled moldy , I also noticed all the good reviews were from people who live in Mississippi , very noisy A/C I would not recommend this hotel , there are many nicer places in and around town , very expensive for such an older run down hotel

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank uscvanhalen
A TripAdvisor Member
Oxford, MS
Reviewed March 9, 2006

Our room was spotless, the internet was fast, Restarant very, very, good. Extra tv channels. Everything in the room seemed new. Will definetly stay again. Staff was friendly, never quit grinning.

Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 7, 2006

Hello This has to be one of the worst managed Holiday inns in the country, Hotel manager is very rude , hotel is poorly run ,old bathrooms need remodeled, mold mildew ,roaches ,if you have any complaints hotel staff will not address it or will blow you off , hotel is very expensive 100 a night for a 30-50 dollar room . Hotel is very noisey , airplane and road traffic noise day and night, loud heat/ac units vending machines have better food than restaurant pool was filthy dirty , meeting rooms had no a/c , room service ? didnt exist , save your money and stay at Holiday inn express next door

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business