“Bad Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Gulfport

Days Inn Gulfport
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here while we spent some time in the area. Upon arrival, the man at the front desk was not welcoming or friendly. That first night, I found a large chocolate candy piece on the floor. The decor in the room was incredibly ugly and there was a blood spot (or other brown substance) on one of my pillows. There was a hole in the bathroom wall from the door hitting it which was not patched at all and the bathroom was amazingly small. The room size was good and the bed was good - I slept well and did not have a backache.The second day the staff did not get to the room to clean until 4:15pm - at which time we were already back in the room. The hotel advertised free wi-fi but it didn't work in the room. When we called them to get some help, the front desk man told us to come to the lobby. He gave the impression that he could care less that it wasn't working. The internet did work in the lobby, but I shouldn't have to go down there to get internet. The second night the alarm clock went off at 4:30am - and we had never set an alarm! Finally, our last day there they had "cleaned"the room, but didn't bother to wipe the sink bowl (I know our stuff was around the side, but they could have done that) and we didn't get any washcloths.

Positives:
*Head housekeeper very nice and helpful
*Free newspaper
*Breakfast ok. Nice change of pace with French toast in lieu of waffles.

Bottom line: I will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sunny P, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Gulfport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We wanted to take the time to apologize to you for the stay your had here and the inconvience while you were here. We strive our best to make everyones stay the best it can possibly can be. I hope that if you are ever in the area again you will consider staying with us again so that we may give you a better stay environment!
HICKORY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had a reservation for a nonsmoking jacuzzi king room that I called and confirmed on the morning of arrival. Upon check in I was informed that the jacuzzi was broken in the nonsmoking room that I reserved but I was welcome to rent a smoking room. This is not satifactory for a nonsmoker!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Sunny P, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Gulfport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We apologize for the inconvience at the time of your stay here with us. The jacuzzi switch had gotten broken the night before and we had to order parts for it. I hope that if you are ever in the area again you will give us the opportunity to better serve you. Agin , I apologize for the inconvience. Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance in the future at 228-864-5135 and ask for Carla.

Travelers are raving about these Gulfport hotels