“was a nice place but the flors were dirty and grity the...”
Review of Days Inn Gulfport

Days Inn Gulfport
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed January 4, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Gulfport

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here while we spent some time in the area. Upon arrival, the man at the front desk was not welcoming or friendly. That first night, I found a large chocolate candy piece on the floor. The decor in the room was incredibly ugly and there was a blood spot (or other brown substance) on one of my pillows. There was a hole in the bathroom wall from the door hitting it which was not patched at all and the bathroom was amazingly small. The room size was good and the bed was good - I slept well and did not have a backache.The second day the staff did not get to the room to clean until 4:15pm - at which time we were already back in the room. The hotel advertised free wi-fi but it didn't work in the room. When we called them to get some help, the front desk man told us to come to the lobby. He gave the impression that he could care less that it wasn't working. The internet did work in the lobby, but I shouldn't have to go down there to get internet. The second night the alarm clock went off at 4:30am - and we had never set an alarm! Finally, our last day there they had "cleaned"the room, but didn't bother to wipe the sink bowl (I know our stuff was around the side, but they could have done that) and we didn't get any washcloths.

Positives:
*Head housekeeper very nice and helpful
*Free newspaper
*Breakfast ok. Nice change of pace with French toast in lieu of waffles.

Bottom line: I will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Sunny P, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Gulfport, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

We wanted to take the time to apologize to you for the stay your had here and the inconvience while you were here. We strive our best to make everyones stay the best it can possibly can be. I hope that if you are ever in the area again you will consider staying with us again so that we may give you a better stay environment!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had a reservation for a nonsmoking jacuzzi king room that I called and confirmed on the morning of arrival. Upon check in I was informed that the jacuzzi was broken in the nonsmoking room that I reserved but I was welcome to rent a smoking room. This is not satifactory for a nonsmoker!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Sunny P, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Gulfport, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

We apologize for the inconvience at the time of your stay here with us. The jacuzzi switch had gotten broken the night before and we had to order parts for it. I hope that if you are ever in the area again you will give us the opportunity to better serve you. Agin , I apologize for the inconvience. Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance in the future at 228-864-5135 and ask for Carla.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 12, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Only good thing I can say is the bed was very comfortable. The pool was "under construction" and the place was not clean at all. Therefore, the price per night should have been no more than $10.00 and that is stretching it. What a appointment as the web site sure made it sound better than it was. Was not expecting a upscale hotel as know that is not the reputation of Days Inn but way over priced for what it was.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunny P, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Gulfport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

We apologize for any inconvience during your stay! We were working on the pool at the time you were here but since then it is back up and running and looking great. We strive to make each guest stay as wonderful as possible! I hope that the next time you are in the area you will give us the chance to make your stay great. if you would like to contact me and talk further my name is Carla and I can be reached at 228-864-5135.