“Great Stay!”

Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Mobile, Alabama
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I had a really great stay here. The staff was really helpful and very nice and polite. The hotel is close to eating places in town as well. I will return to this location in the future.
Thank you to the Hotel Mgmt and Staff for a very plesant stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
cut off
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Terrible--DONT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL--STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO TRY ANOTHER HOTEL--1st told manager would b late ckin--said he would note that, manager cld me day of reservation--left no msg, cld back in 15 min to inform would be abt 1 hour till get there.Get there was charged for my 2 night reservations. 2nd no towels, no soap, no coffee, no iron in room, broken toliet seat. Had to go to desk each time. Made the best of it. When ckd out was told by the way we credited your card for the 1st night immediately and then charged u for the 2 night stay. Ok--have issues with this. they charged my card around 7pm, i ckd in @ 8:25pm, they credit my card @ 9:05pm. Sorry that is not immediately!!! Don't know what planet they are on!!! I argued with the manager at that point that my account only had enough funds to cover my stay for 2 nights, he explained that is policy and employee made mistake. Whatever--next day my account overdrawn because of this employee mistake....not my fault... I called the manager again on following day, and then again. Manager does not understand and is saying he don't have my money.... Well guess what not my fault either....I am not a happy customer and I think this business needs to educate themselves as to how to treat customers and how the credit card system works...It could take up to 5 days before I get my credit.....When I ckd in they should have only charged me for 1 additional night, I strongly recommend to look at another hotel before booking this one!!!!!! VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER.... NEVER AGAIN,

Room Tip: very small pool
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Lockport, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2012

i stayed there with my family for three horriable nights..first took for every for them to check us in, then when we went up the cards didn't work had to go back down and do it again...next day when my husband and i brought my 4 yr old daughter down to swim in the pool they have a little boy using the bathroom on the side of the pool and what tops it off they don't even stay at the hotel...a bunch of people drive up and just walk in and take over the pool i say something to the manager that they have stool next to the pool and they have people just driving up and going swimming and they say i can't watch everyone but i will get someone clean...so i guess the one who pay the money for the hotel has to suffer and not swim in the pool...i would never stay in this hotel....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sunny P, Manager at Days Inn Gulfport, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
I understand that you were upset and I apologize for the inconvience of your stay. We have made some changes since May of 2011 when you stayed. Hopefully it is more to your liking now if you will return and try us again.
Troy
Reviewed March 27, 2012

USED coupon for $55 it was overpriced.May have Days INN name but they should bring it up to better standards or remove their name from motel.
Five and half years after Katrina it looks like it never was fixed up at all.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I am 50 years old and I have stayed in hundreds of hotels in my lifetime. I have never been moved to write a review of any kind, good or bad......until now! This place was terrible! Overpriced @ 95 dollars for a single. There was no toilet tissue in the room and the front desk wouldn't deliver any. I had to walk down and get it myself. The bathtub was dirty. Had I not been so tired, i would have tried to find shelter elsewhere. I should have listened to my instincts as I did not sleep at all because of the "party" in the next room. The walls were so thin you could hear the adjoining rooms facilities being used! Disgusting! Please do yourself a favor and stay any where other than here.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed 5 days. The room was big and clean. Beds was comfy and big. BUT.. The hotel didnt have No iron nor ironing board, coffee pot was only one cup pot. They never came to clean room, make bed, give more towels, or coffee cups.

• Stayed February 2012
Sunny P, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Gulfport, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
I apologize for you not getting any service in your room while you were here. As afr as the coffee maker we have just recently added those here. I hope you come back and give us the cahnce to give you better service.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed January 23, 2012

OMG!!!!! Don't know where to start. Me and my husband like traveling to gulfport, MS because we like the different places they have for you to shop and eat. We got a room for just 1 night because we been up all night at the black friday deals. Now we left Mobile,AL and went straight to MS. We made reservations a couple weeks ahead................ When we got there, at first they said they didnt see where we had made reservations and they some how kept looking and saw it.
Ok, the front desk clerk gave us a key.
When I approached the room........... the room door was wide open with no sheets on the bed, leaves on the floor and a dirty hand towel on the side of the bed, I just about ran back to the front desk and told the clerk that the room is not ready, but dirty. He said sorry, so he gave us a key to another room. When we first walked it was a mildew smell, the curtains was falling off the screws from the ceiling, the carpet was coming up the bottom side of the wall, a hole in the bathroom door about the size of an orange, rust in the refrigerator, spider webs in each corner of the lamp shades. Dusty. You would cut yourself if you tried to sit on the toilet ( just how old it was), cigarette holes in the bed comforter. I went a found the house keeping lady and told her I need some gloves so I can clean the room( now I been up just about 12 hrs, so i'm tied and wanted to lay down) anyway the housekeeper lady told me they ONLY get 2 pair of gloves per Shift. That let me know right then, they couldn't been cleaning the rooms cause of coarse you would need gloves to clean each room. She gave me her only pair of gloves she had left. I sprayed and cleaned with Lysol 99%. They made it clear that once you book a room, no money back. I actually went and talked to 3 polices and asked if we wanted our money back could we get it and they told us if they didn't give it back its nothing we can do, but sue them and take them to court. I have pics of the room just in case I decide to do so.( its not worth it) I even thought about contacting the MS Health Department, that's just how bad it was. And that morning when we went to the lobby for breakfast, a lady was checking out and told the desk clerk, she didn't even let her kids take a bathe because it was just that dirty. :-( NEVER AGAIN, rather camp out doors!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple