“Scott”

Best Western Seaway Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel was well worth the price. When I travel I try to stay at economical and comfortable hotels. This was the best of both worlds. The beds and internet were top notch. I hope to come back to the Gulfport area because I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Hopefully it will be for a few days instead of just one!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott W
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

First of all thanks for all the awesome comments, and we also hope you can stay longer next time!! Enjoy some of our Coast on your next stay, we look forward to seeing you.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Rooms have been somewhat upgraded with new bedding, new countertops. Bathtub was older, stained. Sink and countertops were not properly cleaned - I had to wash the taps down and wipe the counters. Midst up upgrading - workmen were grinding railings at dust/paint chips all over. Very noisy - directly in the path of planes taking off and landing - very loud. Breakfast was good, well taken care of by attendant.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diana M

On behalf of all the staff at our hotel, I apologize for anything that caused any inconveniences to you or your family. We are currently doing a few small renovations, which we have posted a sign regarding those renovations in our lobby to better serve our guests. We will look forward to your return stay, and a chance to live up to your expectations.
Thanks so much,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My Wife made the Reservation online and had to call several times due to her error. The staff was so friendly. She apologized to Kim for calling so often and Kim told her she could call as often as she liked.. Kim and the girl working with her made sure I got the perfect room for Myself, my sister and my Granddaughter. Breakfast was great, beds were comfortable, parking was perect...AAAAAA++++

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you so much for you wonderful comments. On behalf of everyone here at out hotel we strive to give the best quality of service and friendliness to everyone that calls or walks into our property. I am Kim and I do remember talking to your wife, she was very friendly as well. We are very glad you chose to stay with us, and look forward to your return stay!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

On 3/14/2014, I contacted group reservations to make a group block for this location. I was given the group number 59555 and sent a conformation email with room allocations and told that someone from the location would contact me regarding my request for a group block. After, not receiving a call and being as I provided all of my information for the room allocations, I assumed that a block had been created. On 3/27/2014, I contacted the location to add rooms to the group block and was told by the hotel that they did not have a group reservation for me. I immediately contacted customer care and was told the General manager would contact me with 7-buisness days regarding my complaint. The general manager contacted me about 2 hours later. Carlos the manager is a joke he did absolutely nothing for me to assist with resolving my issue. We are traveling 18 hours from this location only to now not have a group and be told that this is an event weekend and room types are not available. CAN YOU SAY NEVER AGAIN. This hotel gets 5 thumbs down from me and my family and I would just like to let all travelers know that they do not honor group reservations here. I did not receive an apology just a "I was on vacation" line from the manager. Consider this a real review of this property.Request Number: 55595

Group/Event Summary

Thu, 08 May 2014 10 9 19
Fri, 09 May 2014 10 9 19
Sat, 10 May 2014 10 9 19
Sun, 11 May 2014 10 9 19

Room Tip: Don't make a group reservation with this hotel
2  Thank Ava A
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

First let me apologize to you for any inconvenience caused to you and your family by our staff. We do a lot of group bookings and certainly do value them as well as all of our guests and/or potential guests. Our front desk does take down information about the group and pass it on for someone to contact the group organizer before a group is actually booked. We do have certain dates blocked out for special events in the area, and unfortunately the weekend you requested is the same weekend as a music festival, and I agree you should have been told that we did not have the availability for that weekend when you first called. I hope you change your mind about us and give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Apologies once again,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We have stayed at this BW Seaway Inn each time we visit the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Each time the experience has been excellent and the location is handy for our purposes. I definitely would recommend this Best Western to anyone wanting to visit the MS Gulf Coast and not caring if they are on the beach or not.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

On behalf of all us here at Best Western Plus Seaway Inn, we are extremely pleased that you find our hotel so accomadaiting. Thanks for all the wonderful comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a great place to stay for the money. Good hot breakfast staff very nice and helpful. Can be on the beach in 10 min or at a casino. Shopping is very close as well as a lot of different restaurants.

1  Thank 27diannak
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thanks for the awesome comments. We are pleased you chose our hotel to bring your family too, and that ya'll enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit, hope it will be soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed during Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday and was treated like royalty. The room was very nice and clean, although the bathroom is a little old and was not as clean on check in. Everyone, from the check in desk to maintenance to the maid service had a smile on their face and seemed genuinely pleased that we chose their hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank sting2ray
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thanks for the awesome response! Mardi Gras really is a big deal around our area and we are always happy to lodge our parade lovers. It's nice to know you enjoyed yourself, and that our friendly, smiling staff were such a joy. Come back anytime and stay with us.