“Surprise! Great Hotel Great Price”

Best Western Seaway Inn
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Houma, Louisiana
“Surprise! Great Hotel Great Price”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel is right up there with Marriot and Casino rooms. Great customer service and great rooms. Great hotel for business travelers or family. Great courtyard/pool area and fitness room. Breakfast is amazing!

Room Tip: The suites are huge but standard rooms are just as nice. Suites are twice the room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HotelierTravelier
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We greatly appreciate you writing a review of our hotel. We cater to the needs of various types of travelers, and strive to provide them all with great customer service and a wonderful experience. I am delighted to hear we in fact did that for you. Thanks again, and remember, our doors are always open!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Red Bluff, California, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Seaway Inn in March, 2013 while visiting my son. Room was very clean, bed comfortable, free wi-fi for my computer to do some work, frig and microwave, coffee pot, nice vanity area and separate from shower area which I appreciate. I used the exercise room one day during my stay. It is pretty sparse with only a treadmill and eliptical. One of the treatmill's was not working the day I was there and there was no sign on it. I did report it to the front desk and they indicated they knew about it but there was no sign. I suggested they should add one. That is really the only criticism I had to the entire trip. It was located very conveniently to the airport and they have shuttle which I used to get to the airport at a very early hour of the morning. Conveniently located just half a block from the outlet mall and across the street from Walmart and near many restaurants. Value was good also. I would stay there again when I go visit my son.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hearing guest enjoyed their stay with us, at Best Western Plus Seaway Inn, is always fulfilling. I would like to thank you for writing a lovely review and apologize for the inconvenience with the treadmill. It is back up and running fine now. In the future, anytime you are in the area, we would love to have you stay here! Thank you again!
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Ive been comin to bestwestern the last few years Angela at the front is great she always makes sure I have everything I need she is a great worker she is usually on top of things also jill she does a good job also the last couple of times I stayed jill and angela was working they make a great team it's a great place to stay never had any complaints.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Bep2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have a great team of workers at our hotel, and we all do our best to make all of our customers feel welcome and taken care of. We really appreciate you writing a review. See you during your next stay!
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great stay for an economy motel. Room was not large, but much nicer than I anticipated. The motel IS on the busiest strip in Gulfport, AND located next door to a nightclub (Michaels), so there is a bit of outside noise and a little added traffic (particularly on the weekend), however the motel has security that patrols the grounds and parking lot all night to ensure there is no loiters or club goers taking up parking spaces, and it was not an issue for us at all. It wasn't warm enough for swimming while we were there, but the pool area was very clean and appealing. Sheets were nice, bed was great, everything a lot nicer than I expected for the price. Would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SamanthaR110
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are located on a busy strip in Gulfport, which means there is plenty of stuff around. We are close to shopping malls, numerous restaurants, a movie theater, and the sports complex. When it comes to the night club, our security team does a great job keeping the night club guests from interfering with our hotel guests. It is very nice to hear your experience was great. We do hope you will come back soon; perhaps during the summer when you can swim or even visit the Gulf Islands Waterpark here in Gulfport!
Sumrall
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I liked the easy check in process. I also liked the location and price. I did not like that there was not snack machines other than a pepsi machine. We came back there after a concert and was thristy and wanted a snack. I drink diet coke and there was not a machine nor a food/snack machine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
All of us here at Best Western Plus Seaway Inn appreciate you taking the time to write a review telling us about your experience. We have a few drink machines and a vending machine located in different areas throughout our property, and I am sorry that was not made clear to you. We also have a great hotel staff that is always more than willing to direct guests where they need to go and/or assist them in anyway possible. I do hope you will come back and visit us again soon. Hope you enjoyed the concert!
Decatur, Alabama, Usa
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was a most pleasant stay. The breakfast was great,and the staff was friendly, rooms were clean and grounds were attractive.
Location was great, close to shopping and restaurants. Next door to Hooters and across the street from Wal-Mart

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Charles V
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Here at Best Western Plus Seaway Inn, we like to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible through all aspects of our hotel. From the moment you check-in, to the moment you check-out, we want you to experience a superior stay! I am glad we could accomplish that with you and your family. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We all hope to see you back here soon!