“Love this hotel.”

Best Western Seaway Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The beds are comfy, the staff is friendly and the breakfast is fantastic. I especially appreciate the fruit available each morning. In the summer, we love swimming in the pool. A very good place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express the wonderful stay you had at our hotel. We appreciate the good review. Summer is just around the corner, which means swim time! Hope to see you then!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is the first time that I have been back in this area since being stationed there 29 years ago at the US Navy Seabee base. Despite the 2005 hurricane; I was impressed. Anyhow, as for the hotel....the first room they put us in had roaches in the bathroom area. I was with my girlfriend, my two pet rabbits, and her pet rabbit. There was no way we would stay in a room with roaches. The desk staff was very nice and immediately moved us to another room. There was no more problems with roaches after that. The facilities were nice, as was the free breakfast. I would stay here again, but would first check for roaches in the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GulfportBestWestern, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you kindly for the review of our hotel. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had with your first room. On the other hand, I am glad to hear we got you taken care of so you could enjoy the rest of your stay problem free! We do have our entire hotel sprayed on a scheduled basis, or whenever needed, to keep the insects away. Again I apologize that they intruded on you. From all of us at Best Western Plus Seaway Inn, we would love to have you stay with us again! Take care and kind regards!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel name suggests proximity to water, but "shopping mall" would be more accurate, as that's all the visitor can see in any direction from the front of this hotel located on the busiest strip in Gulfport. Hotel facilities include a breakfast restaurant (above average) and a small fitness room (above average). Room furnishing is outdated and not especially clean (my chairs were downright soiled). Plumbing worked but a/c aniquated and electrical sockets were loose. Nice looking from the outside, but closer up the visitor sees signs of benign neglect like chipped paint on doors, pavement cracks and other defects that indicate the hotel badly needs an upgrade to meet Best Western standards that I know prevail in Europe. For the price ($79.00 and up) not an especially good buy for the area. The hotel caters to itinerate construction workers, who can be loud at night and in the wee morning hours.

Room Tip: Avoid poolside in the summer because of the noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do have a shopping mall in close proximity to our hotel, as well as a movie theater, and various restaurants. It is a straight shot 4 miles south of us to get to the beach also. I would like to apologize for the chair being soiled, and let you know we will be looking into it and addressing the problem. We have a range of guests that stay with us throughout the year, and we appreciate everyone of them and their business. I do hope if you are in the area again, you will come back and visit us! - Kind regards

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Roaches running everywhere when I turned on the lights the next morning. Couldn't even take a shower because they had taken over the bathroom. The worst Best Western I have ever stayed at. So if you don't mind sharing with Roaches guess your stay would be okay. I wonder how this got to be a Best Western Plus ????

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We take the necessary precautions and routinely have our entire property sprayed to keep insects away. Unfortunately, some survive. Being a Best Western, Best Western Plus, or Best Westen Premier is based on the various amenities provided by each Best Western property. For example, our property has a hot breakfast, opposed to a continental breakfast, a laundry facility on site, fitness center, etc., establishing us as a Best Western Plus.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our trip to this Hotel. We found our room to be clean, comfortable and quiet, despite it being a Saturday night, The pool area looked very attractive. Breakfast in the morning was perfectly adequate...though the coffee to our taste was poor.
The hotel is very easy to find from the airport and is very close to a great choice of restaurants..we ate at a very good and friendly Applebys, which was a short walk from the hotel.
There is also a very good Outlet Mall a couple of minutes away and a beautiful beach 5 minutes away.
The receptionists were happy and friendly..all in all a good experience.
We will stay again when we return to this area.

Room Tip: A top floor room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pamela c
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. It is lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay and that everything was satisfactory for you. I do hope you will visit us again in the future. Perhaps, when it is not so chilly and you can use our pool area.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly, and the rooms have recently been remodeled. The location is also GREAT. Near tons of shopping, restaurants, and close to the airport. My bed was very comfortable, the A/C was nice and cold, and the breakfast was great for the guy/gal on the go. I will definitely stay here again soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We do our best to meet the expectations of all our guests, and it is wonderful to hear we have done just that. We would be greatful for you to come stay with us again anytime.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012