“Great Stay!!!”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Harrisburg, Illinois
“Great Stay!!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly, and the rooms have recently been remodeled. The location is also GREAT. Near tons of shopping, restaurants, and close to the airport. My bed was very comfortable, the A/C was nice and cold, and the breakfast was great for the guy/gal on the go. I will definitely stay here again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We do our best to meet the expectations of all our guests, and it is wonderful to hear we have done just that. We would be greatful for you to come stay with us again anytime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We made reervations for two nights, After we checked in and went to our room we found it to be dirty. There were no availble roomsdue to the old car show going on in the area. We found mold in the bathroom, stained blankets and the carpet had crumbs on it.The hair dryer sounded like a blender with bolts in it, and when we reported it to the staff they laughed and we did not receive one till the next day when we had to ask again. We will not stay at this Best Western again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I, as well as all of the staff here at Best Western Plus Seaway Inn, apologize for all of the misfortunes you experienced at our hotel. By you writing this review, you are helping us provide better service for guests in the future. I do hope you will consider giving our hotel another chance during your next visit to our area.
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here 10-9-12. The room was very clean. The king bed was comfortable. The room extras really surprised me. The room was $79.99 and had granite on the vanity, large (and pretty) mirrors, a small microwave and refrigerator, and 37" tv. I read the other reviews about the airport noise - maybe I was too tired, but I didn't hear any airplanes or noises from the other rooms and we left too early for the breakfast. A couple of guards were driving around in a golf cart when we checked in. I felt uneasy about leaving the car until I saw them. We will stay here again on our next trip out west!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Waiting_on_summer
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for the lovely review on our hotel. It is nice to know you enjoyed your stay and that you felt safe. You will definately have to come visit us again, and have another chance to try our breakfast.
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayes here on 9/22/12. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast buffet was good and the service was excellent. The reason I give it 3 stars instead of 4 is because it is located near the airport. You can hear every plane that flies over into the wee hours of the night and early morning. Also, there is a nightclub within the hotel. I did see a scantly dressed young lady in the lobby-- not exactly what you might want to expose your children too. Overall, the experience was not bad and I probably would stay here again. The fron desk clerk was very helpful and nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We appreciate the compliments and thank you for taking the time to write a review. With the airport being approximately 5 minutes away, unfortunately, we are directly in its landing path. Sometimes they can be fun to watch, but I can also understand how frustrating they can be. I would like to thank you again; and I do hope you will come back and visit us again!
Picayune, Mississippi
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We just got home from spending two nights at this hotel. I had made the reservation in advance and requested a Smoking, King, ground floor room since I travel with a mobility chair. The check in process went quickly and smoothly, We found the room to be clean, the bed was very comfortable and numerous pillows were on the bed, a fridge and microwave were provided as well as a very nice flat screen TV and the air conditioning was both quiet and very efficient (had to turn it down to warm up). The complimentary breakfast was very good served in a lovely dining area. I don't care for powdered eggs but that was more than offset by the sausage, biscuits & gravy, multiple choices of pastries and fruit as well as apples, oranges and bananas and a selection of cereals and a first for me, the availability of making your own Belgian waffle. The coffee was good and both orange and apple juice was offered. Michael's Night Club, located in the hotel was really nice but that's where we encountered our first disappointment. The ads all show this hotel as having a restaurant... it DOES NOT. However, the bartender did steer us to ordering from the Holiday Inn next door and the food was delivered to us our first night so we didn't have to go someplace else after all. The advertising needs to be updated because even in the information booklet in the rooms it still shows Michael's as serving food and gives a menu! My only other negative has to do with the fact that none of the doors to the main lobby or in the ladies room in the lobby area are equipped with openers which makes it difficult for a person in a wheelchair to navigate. Also, it wasn't till we were packed and leaving and drove around the back of the hotel that I saw any ramps up to the sidewalk area. If I'd been alone I'd not have been able to get from my room to my car without wheeling all the way around the building.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GulfportBestWestern, Front Office Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I would like to apologize for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Michael's nightclub was also a restaurant at one time, and I am sorry if it was misleading. I can understand your frustration with the wheelchair accessible concerns. The main entrance to our lobby, however, is sliding doors that open automatically. We have two ramps, one near the front entrance by some of our handicap, mobility accessible rooms and one in the back of our building located right next to our other handicap, mobility accessible rooms. We do not have handicap rooms on the smoking side of our building. On another note, any of our staff members are willing to help all of our guests with any of their needs at anytime as well.