“Airplanes”

Best Western Seaway Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This hotel is not one of the better Best Western, Needs to be redone. It is in the flight path of the airport. So noise at night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Jeremy R, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 228-864-0050.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Our stay was great. The pool is very nicely landscaped; the breakfast and breakfast room were top of the line, and our room was newly decorated. It is very clean. The countertop in the bath area looks like granite and has wonderful faucets and has a cabinet for the microwave/fridge so it does't get in the way. Very comfy!! Good strength on the internet connection.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickeyma65
Jeremy R, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

The first thing you notice is the sign for Best Western and Hooters are on the same pole - kinda looks like the Hooters Hotel. When you pull up in front you see a sigh for Michael's night club... still looking for the front door. Finally found the door and noticed that the Michael's club door is just the side door to the lobby. This is the first Best Western I've seen with a night club inside - not a big deal because the rest of the hotel is separate buildings.
The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The pool was great - I made full use of the hot tub on my aching feet.
Tried fishing, but the directions I got were bad and I never found a fishing spot.
But, as I was relaxing by the pool I noticed an airplane getting closer and closer. It got so close I was starting to worry a bit. I know my military aircraft, but don't usually see USFA C5s this close up. As the big (giant) jet passed overhead I could see the tread on it's tires. Noisy? Yep - heard every bit of it, several times throughout the night. The pool closed at 10pm and once in the room all was quite.
Breakfast was typical Best Western; powered eggs, warmed sausage, thick gravy out of a bottle and tepid coffee.

Room Tip: You can't buy beer in a liquor store in Alabama (?). You have to to next door to the Wallmart...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Solar-sailor
Jeremy R, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete your review. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

First of all when I stay at a hotel that has the PLUS status I would expect to get a clean bed and a clean bathroom. The first room had hair all over the toilet seat. The second room had nasty bedding on the them and the mattress had a big stain. That is where the beds were stripped ( manager Lisa took care of that problem). The Shower could be cleaned better in places where mold is starting to settle also around the sinks (underneath black mold if you spray around the sink with water). The floors in the rooms could be mopped on a daily basis and if someone checks out, I really think that the beds should be stripped down. A friend stayed there and had to change rooms and the new room had nasty beds......what is going on????? There are bed bugs out there.......I do not know who slept in that bed before me.
Coffemaker....forget it. Not nice and I am not the only one that thought that.
The breakfast is great and the ladies there super friendly........Hi LAdies!!!!
The pool was also very nice. The management I think does try but there are some actions that need to be taken.
The rooms by the pool can get pretty loud on the weekend....kids running up and down the hall. But it is a hotel and not everyone is there to relax.I does say that the rooms have been remodeled but I dont think that this has fully taken place. After painting the walls, they stopped. No way that the showers are new. I am writing this just to let people know that if you are not satisfied with some things...please let the management know. If they dont know then they cannot make changes.I will stay there again and see if anything is trying to be improved but this time I will not stay for over 2 weeks if I have to pay for dirty sheets on my bed.
There are staff members that I really have enjoyed meeting and they deserve to be told.
KIM, Florence and Kathy?? all three work in the brakfast area. :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kiwi991
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel was very clean. I fell in love with the bedding and decor. Our room had a small kitchenette that was perfect for our one night stay. The pool was accommodating to people of all ages and even had a separate wading pool for children. We spent an entire day enjoying the pool which is set in a nice courtyard area with plenty of tables. The pool is quite large and has a shallow end and a deep end, which I don't see very often. I was impressed with the selection for breakfast. The fee for pets was very cheap compared to other hotels I had looked at. If i had to pick a complaint it would have been the pillows but other than that I will definitely stay here again and recommend to others. Great room for the price!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank emilyjean84
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here for three days. I found the hotel after searching and reading reviews and this one seemed to be a favorite on many sites. I was not disappointed. Although we had a room located behind the club, it was not as loud as I expected it to be. The breakfast was great (especially the biscuits and gravy and the apple juice). The pool was nice, but the Jacuzzi wasn't ready for use to I can't comment on that. The room was nice and spacious, also clean. We had to ask for towels and washcloths everyday, but they were delivered quickly. My sister said she found a problem with the beddings, but they brought us clean ones without question. The strip that the hotel is on has plenty of restaurants and shopping centers. It is located fairly close to everything. Micheal's Night Club also has a great environment, we stopped in Saturday for happy hour from 4 until 7, then dropped back by for ladies night that saturday night where we got in for only 2 dollars and got free drinks. The environment definitely had a good vibe. We will definitely stay here again because for the price, it was everything we expected and more! The tissue is a little rough, but the good outweighs the bad with this hotel. I did not want to leave!

Room Tip: If you think noise will be a problem then ask for a room on the upper level or the backside of the h...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MissYatta
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We were looking for a reasonably priced pet friendly hotel when we found the Best Western Seaside Inn. The pet fee is an extremely fair price of $15 and upon check-in were provided with a little gift bag of dog treats. The pet rooms are located at the back of the hotel away from road noises or traffic. Our beautifully appointed non-smoking pet room consisted of two very comfortable queen sized beds an equally comfortable easy chair and ottoman along with a desk and chair, a good sized mini fridge and microwave along with a small coffee maker and complimentary coffees and bottled water. After spending a restful night we were treated to a very nice breakfast assortment of hot sausage, hot biscuits and gravy, an assortment of delicious pastries, muffins, pancakes, Belgian waffles, breads, bagels, hot coffee, an assortment of cereals and fresh fruits and juices. It should also be noted that the location is perfect as it is located very near the highway exit and entrance ramps and only 4 miles from the port, casinos and beach.

• Stayed: August 2011