“Very Nice!”

Best Western Seaway Inn
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very friendly the rooms and pool were very clean. Very close to outlet mall. Accepted pets. Close drive to the beaches. Very nice motel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nanny15

Reviewed April 7, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for approximately two weeks while on business in Gulfport. Overall my stay was wonderful. The room was well maintained and the furniture was in good order. The internet was fast and only required you to sign on when you first enable your wi-fi capable electronics. The staff was EXTREMELY helpful and very friendly, and I would say was one of their best points at this hotel. I had accidentally left my room key in my room, went to the front desk to request another and was back in my room two minutes later. The breakfast is excellent for what you get, biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, juice bar, coffee and milk. The dining area is very nice and clean also. There is a bar/nightclub located on the premesis which makes for fun weekend evenings without having to drive anywhere or call a cab. That being said, if you don't like the noise (bass in the music) I would recommend getting a room towards the middle to back of the hotel. There is ample parking for big rigs in the back and it's also well lit at night. The location is just under 10 minutes to Biloxi and there is plenty to do around the area the hotel is located. Check out the restaurant Darwell's located in south beach, it's an EXCELLENT establishment and was featured in Guy Fieri's show. There were a few sporadic days where the house-staff would forget to replenish all of the supplies in the room but it wasn't often enough to be a bother. All in all I greatly enjoyed my stay here and would happily stay again if business calls me down to the area once more.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in January, 2011. We have a small dog, so a pet friendly hotel was important. However, we also didn't want to get stuck in a dirty, smelly room either.
We were so pleased to find we had a clean, pleasant room at the back of the hotel on the first floor with a nice dog walk just 20 feet away, complete with doggie bags and trash cans. The front desk staff people were all friendly and helpful as well. In addition, the continental breakfast was one the best in all of our hotel experiences ... they actually offered a real breakfast as opposed to simply pastry and coffee. There were muffins and coffee to be sure, was there was also instant hot cereal, cold cereal, juice, eggs, sausage or ham, biscuits, gravy, belgian waffles ... very nice.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I enjoyed the room, the comfort of the beds, hot water which is usually gone at most hotels. I am a frequent visitor to Gulfport Miss. due to the fact of family there. I have stayed at numerous hotels on Hwy 49 in Gulfport and I was extremely pleased with my choice.
I liked the breakfast that was served but I wish you would of had more scrambled eggs than boiled eggs served. The place was clean, the staff was friendly as could be.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
fomsales, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

Thank you for your response, it is greatly appreciated. We take our reviews and try to make our hotel a better stay for each and every guest. They let us know how our guest see us. We are currently updating our hotel from a Best Western to A Best Western Plus. What that means for our guest is more updated ammenities. It will also include a better breakfast more items to choose from. We are currently working on a number of new and exciting things for our guest. Please let me know the next time you stay, what you think as I am always interested. Again thank you for your time and response.

Lisa Armstrong

Reviewed September 24, 2010

I was so disappointed. The reviews were so good that I really thought this would be a great place to stay. The hotel is very clean and neat. The pool is awesome. The staff is on top of their game. Thats one reason I am sorry to say that the bad overshadows all the good. The rooms need to be brought up to the new BW standard. An attempt has been made but it did not hit the mark. The phone in my room was broken (constant static), the air conditioner did not work, upon arrival there were so many mosquitoes that after we killed 5, we gave up and called the front desk. They came immediately and sprayed the room but of course, when they came, all the little buggers were in hiding. Even drenching the room in spray did not get rid of them all and they buzzed all night. The air conditioner was broken, it would turn on sometimes but mostly not. The mattresses were the old ones and were hard and uncomfortable. Good pillows. Military planes flew overhead all night and were very loud. Could not hear my neighbors so I know the rooms are solid. If the AC had worked it would have drowned out the planes. I probably wont stay here again until they upgrade the rooms. If the rooms were upgraded, this would be a hidden gem.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2010

the staff was great the manager Lisa was very helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Great free breakfast, nice nightclub on premises. Close to casino and beach.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heifer767
Reviewed August 21, 2010

The entire hotel staff was great. The rooms were updated and clean. The breakfast was better then most hotels and was complimentry. Lisa and the front desk went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed.All in all a great stay.
Diamond Member

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
fomsales, Manager at Best Western Seaway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2010

Let me start by thanking you for completing a survey on your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable stay for each of our guest. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of any assistance in the future do not hesitate to call us at 228-864-0050.

Again, thanks for taking the time and effort to complete your survey. Have a great day and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Lisa Armstrong/AGM