“Good food, but not served hot” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salute Italian Restaurant

Salute Italian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 248 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States
“Good food, but not served hot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food was good, but not served hot. We went on a Saturday night without a reservation, a big mistake, and had to wait an hour and a half. We were told there was a 45 minute wait. Even without the wait, the food was good, but was served warm. I may try another less busy night and see if there is an improvement, but it wasn't worth a wait. There are other italian restaurants closer to me that are better.

• Visited March 2013

Moss Point
“Italian Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Family of four mid-afternoon lunch. We were seatted in the front right of the restaurant where we were alone for almost the entire meal. We ordered an appetizer of the fried mozarella. It was ok. The bread and spread that was served complimentary was warm and very good. We ordered the following as our entrees: Trout (this was the special that day) served with sauteed vegetables, grilled chicken with balsamic and honey served with alfredo pasta on the side, Chicken alfredo, and Fried Lasagna. All of the entrees were average. The service was awesome. Our server was very attentive and helpful.

Georgia
“A must see and taste when in GulfPort !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

When ones visits or go through Gulfport, one would expect to dine at a local sea food restaurant, local cuisine... not an Italian restaurant. Right ? Nope... This is all of the above: sea food, local cuisine and Italian on top of all ! a real pleasant surprise. I went there with the preconception that I would not have Italian food , and I want to try to see if they can get us ... shrimp and grits ! Boy, was I in for a big (and pleasant ) surprise !? BEST EVER shrimp and grits I ever had. Is nothing like you ever tasted or had ( I guarantee you - unless you dined the before ). Describing it here would be a crime - you have to taste it. "Fried Mozzarella" is beyond any fried mozzarella I had before... again, trust me - I like to eat well. All the food is prepared there (not frozen, and sauces are made from scratch in front of you - open kitchen ) is really a show. On another note - book in advance and make sure if you want a booth, ask for one and make sure they did understood the message. Front desk and reservations needs a bit of polishing, but all will be forgotten at the end of the dinner ( if you had to wait even with a reservation ). After all this is a real popular place, and yes, it gets busy. Also the owner works in there and he strives to make it right if you are unhappy - a rare thing in today's restaurants. Over all an A ++ in my book.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Pretty Good Place - I would go again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I found this place to be convenient to the hotel and the food to be really good. I just ate in the bar, but being alone that was fine. The service was good and I found the food pretty good.

The service was timely and friendly. They specialize in Italian and the place seemed busy. I opted for soup, which was excellent, along with some fried oysters, which were also good. The bread and sauce were presented nicely. This is a definite go back to.

Enjoy.

Texas
“Sodium anyone?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Visited mid afternoon mid-week. At 3:30 were informed that the lunch menu ended at 3:00. Fair enough. I ordered the pork chops and my wife ordered a pasta dish and the chef's vegetable accompaniment (squashes, and onions). Bread also came with the meal, with a pesto accompaniment-no butter.
Much as I tried, I couldn't eat the vegetables, they were so salted that they were inedible. The pork chops were obviously brined, but were enjoyable. My wife also enjoyed her entree, but acknowledged that the vegetables were over salted.
We both try to keep our sodium intake to a minumum due to heath concerns. Unfortunately, though we tried to like this place, the overall quality of the food, and the indifference of the waitress made this a less than stellar experience. Sorry.

Visited January 2013