“Enjoy the view, food and enjoyable dining experience”

Salute Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 253 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Enjoy the view, food and enjoyable dining experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Salute on the beach in Gulfport is a very enjoyable place for lunch or dinner. The wide variety of choices on the menu and the very reasonable prices make it even better. Always a wonderful atmosphere, friendly service and the location couldn't be better, with a view of the water and the beach. Very relaxed yet sophisticated and extremely clean. Even the parking lot is beautiful and before you reach the door the delicious aroma greets you. Delicious.

• Visited October 2011

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Always a great dining experience!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We have our business luncheon meetings every other month at Salute and we've NEVER been disappointed! The staff are friendly and attentive--and the luncheon meals are superb!
I highly recommend the chicken parmesan--with extra marinara accompanied by their very tasty bread!

• Visited October 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Why visit Olive Garden when this place is actually good...”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

When Olive Garden opened in a nearby town I heard alot of people talking about finally having "Italian" food to eat. I was shocked; one, because OG is not really Italian. Two, because we've had Salute for some time now.

It has a great location in a beautiful building down on Hwy 90 just east of downtown Gulfport. There's plenty of parking, and plenty of seating, both inside and out. The interior is spacious, but doesn't feel empty. The service is normally very good; we've had a bad trip or two but that was the exception.

The prices are what you expect from a 3-star restaurant that actually puts quality food on your plate. Expect a $50 tab for two entrees and an appetizer. They have a large and varied menu that has a few non-Italian items on it to cater to the person who just wants the same thing anywhere, but for the most part its a very good menu. Drink menu is large and VERY reasonably priced. For those wanting some quality Italian and don't think there's any in the area, worth a trip.

3 Thank OursIsTheFury84
Gulfport, Mississippi
“The soup and Martinis keep me coming back.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've been to Salute quite a few times and I'm hooked on the soup and martinis. More specifically the Tomato Basil Soup (oh! so very creamy), and the strawberried redhead martini (liquid candy! and very smooth). Yummy!

1 Thank AmyStew920
Sarasota, Florida
“Not bad, not great”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We went here for a large family dinner. They easily accomodated our group.

Our waitress was GREAT and really did a good job of keeping up with such a large group. Some of the best service I've ever had as part of a group.

Menu is fairly standard Italian, with a Gulf flair. The wife had a seafood ravioli, which was a seafood sauce over largish cheese raviolis. She liked it fine. I had a pizza, which was a disappointment. It was made more like Italian food on dough, not a pizza. For example, the sauce wasn't pizza sauce, but regular marinara sauce. It wasn't terrible or anything, but I didn't much care for it.

I also thought it was kind of pricey, but then I'm big on food value and don't care much about atmosphere.

I wouldn't come here as my own choice. Not terrible, but not recommended. You can do better.