“Always a cheerful Welcome”

Island View Casino Resort
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Gulfport
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here 3 times for Casino tournaments; the hotel is very clean; staff very helpful and welcoming. Makes one feel like returning family. Buffet amazing, especially the crab legs and low price. Machines aren't very generous, especially in the high roller area...not a good selection in here. But the Card Tables are great, have a nice variety, and wonderful dealers. Try the Party Poker games and be sure to play on the bonus spots. I won $600 my lst hand with 2 Queen of Hearts, was the only one playing the bonus spot...that $5 turned into a tidy sum that financed the rest of my gambling stay!!! This Casino is very generous with comps, all the time. Be sure and sign up with the Players Club and give them your email for great offers.

If you want to take a break, go to the local marina with some hamburgers from the local McDonald's, and sit and eat and watch the boats come in and out, very peaceful and entertaining. Then in the evening you can trek up to Biloxi, 1/2 hr drive, and hit the Hard Rock, Beau, and IP. Life couldn't be better, even if you don't hit a big Jackpot!!

Room Tip: IF you are a senior or handicapped, ask for a handicap room, near elevator, non-smoking. Best of th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank winifred9188

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My granddaughters, ages 10 & 8 have a step great aunt, who happens to be my friend! We took the girls for 3 days here and was very pleased with everything. The room was big, and so clean. We enjoyed the pool 2 days and you could order food and beverages right at the poolside. It was a great experience in a great little city. The Mississippi Gulf Coast is a wonderful place to visit and Island View is really great for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nette49
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I could eat crab legs all day, especially since it takes so much time and effort to eat crab legs!! And, by the look of the restaurant patrons, people were taking all day to eat crab legs. Saw huge plates of empty claws! Good variety of other food, great variety of desserts and the gelato stand was almost as busy as the crab leg area.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank travelinggal2012
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here several times, alone and with family, and the stay has always been very enjoyable. The rooms are clean and updated. The food is great with several choices (24 hour coffee is always a plus)! The service is excellent, with friendly and accommodating staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is one of the cleanest and most colorful small casinos in the Gulfport/Biloxi area. Abundant slots fill the one level casino. The drawbacks are that it's pretty far from the other casinos and doesn't have a lot of dining options. Staff is nice and the rooms are brightly decorated. The small pool has cabanas and is well landscaped. If you want to relax and do a little gambling, it's a pleasant getaway!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Gerri from Georgia. With five kids in three states, I travel quite a bit. The seven hours I drive to Gulfport to visit Island View is a pleasure. I have been visiting the View for several years now and I still look forward to each trip. I know that once I pull into that drive, the staff at Island View will be available to take care of my every need. I have valet parking take my car and that is the last time I see it until I am ready to leave. The rooms are always clean and well furnished. The many resturants on the property make each meal an experience. The gaming floor has everything you could want to play. The staff is always there to help. The hotel manager, Bernie Donlan, has always gone above and beyond to help make me, my family, and my friends that I bring to the gulf coast as comfortable as possible. They have all been very impressed. I am not here to say that there will never be a single problem. I am here to tell you that once you let someone on Island View staff know there is a problem, they will do everything they can to resolve it. I receive generous comps for my money I spend playing in free play and in meals. After my first trip, the offers starting coming either in the mail or on line and I have not had to pay for a meal since then. If you choose to go out in the city of Gulfport, you will find many things to do. My grandkids love the beach and the playgrounds. Not to mention the pool at Island view and the movies that are available through the hotel. Island View is an all around enjoyment experience and I would advise anyone to give it a try. I, myself, plan to make many more trips in the future,

Room Tip: Rooms close to the elevators can be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

A very well maintained hotel with easy beach access and a fantastic pool area. The rooms are clean and very comfortable and the bath amenities are top notch Gilchrist & Soames products. The restaurant choices at this property are second to none.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1Planettrekker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Comfort Suites Gulfport
Comfort Suites Gulfport
#13 of 29 in Gulfport
IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi

Been to Island View Casino Resort? Share your experiences!