Island View Casino Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsplayers clubisland view casinotable gamesslot machinesbeach sidecrab legsbeignetsgreat compssteamersrooms are greatnew orleanscoffee makerwincoastgulfcarterdealers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I spent a couple of days here, Had a" completely satisfied" experience here.The staff is second to none. The room was very clean, very comfortable bed.We both had a wonderful time. The meals that we had was very good, the wife said it was too much food! They have lots of games, just a "COMPLETELY SATISFIED" time.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The one last thing the Island View had going for them was their View Bar with live entertainment every night, I saw tonight they will be closing that. The buffet where do I begin well lets put it this way I have comps at the Island View and I will gladly drive to Biloxi and spend 27.00 bucks at any other casino before I eat at their buffett again and I'm from Gulfport. I can't get my kids to eat there anymore.... Rick Carter your casino DOESN'T pay and your food is the WORST on the coast!!!!!!! Wish we had our Grand Casino in Gulfport back!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank Mandy B
Jeff T, Manager at Island View Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

We have closed our View Bar for renovation to be able to provide our customers with a larger entertainment venue, by doing this we will be able to expand the variety of live entertainment that we are able to provide. Fortunately this project is moving ahead of pace and is projected to open near the holiday season.

We have recently completed a renovation in our Carter Green Steak House to include the new Sunset Bar and new feature does have live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights for your enjoyment.

Please know that I will be sharing your comments with the food and beverage management team so they may address your comments with their staff in an effort to improve the impression we leave on future customers.

We do appreciate your candor in your review of the Island View Casino Resort and feel that no one is in a better position to provide feedback on how we are doing than our customers.

Jeff Thomas

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I think that they have some of the most comfortable beds and pillows around, I slept awesome and the rooms and view were great too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank FrancesIII
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I used to live here years ago, but moved away due to work. I finally got a chance to return and started coming back in 2009. I was playing in Biloxi mainly at Boomtown, but people were telling my wife and I to try the Island View. We fell in love with this place and started making regular trips. Up until this year, it was by far the best casino. Jackpots were not uncommon and we would enjoy the entire trip. That has all changed this year. If you are an experienced player, you will understand that $100 or better wins are not uncommon to aggressive players. When we first started coming here, we could see people winning all over the casino. This year, you would be lucky to see a $50 hit. Island View has become the worst "playing" casino of all of them. While the hotel is okay, the buffet is bad as well as expensive for the Coast. Carter's Steakhouse used to be excellent, but the food quality is not comparable to the price you will pay. Try Ruth's Chris if you want a real steak. Stay at the hotel if you wish, but take it from a real player, spend your casino dollars in Biloxi. Boomtown or IP are a better bet. Island View (to those of you who ever played here before 2005), is a poor excuse for a "player's casino" and is very similar to the Copa that was here then. No one could win there either.

14  Thank Jeremy D
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Just happened to read the reviews last night and was taken aback! Decided I should have written a review long ago. My husband and I have stayed at the Island View probably 25 times in the last year, as work has brought him to the area. ARRIVAL: We are always greeted by friendly valets and usually Matt is our bellman. Very nice and helpful. Note: the valet is free--tip them a few bucks and you won't have to walk, though it is NOT far. This is a smoking casino, but, to me, it doesn't seem as bad as some. If you hate smoke, don't go to a smoking casino. ROOMS: Rooms are always clean and bright. Not always a great view, but nice. Very comfortable, though I do wish we could get an extra chair. Beds are really comfy; plenty of room and nice bathroom. Maintenance is always quick if we have a light bulb or tv problem. Would be nice if people were a little more considerate in the hallways, esp in the morning and late at night. When cleaning carpets, I would suggest maybe one more fan on each hallway, as I don't think they get completely dry sometimes. FOOD: We rarely eat at the buffet but did recently. It is definitely better for dinner than breakfast, but overall good and a wide variety. NOWHERE can you get this much food for the price. All different cuisines--sushi, fish and shrimp, Italian, BBQ, great salad bar, desserts are divine. C&G is pretty good. I know the salad bar will have some of the same things I like, and it's quick. Waiters, esp. Prince, are nice and friendly. I'm not impressed with the hostesses AT ALL. Have had some weird experiences..not nice, nor friendly, seem bored and don't seem to care. First impressions matter! Our FAVORITE is Carter Green! Always nice, friendly, great drinks and outstanding food. We usually eat at the bar or have Teresa wait on us in the restaurant.. Ron and Nick, Rick and Michael are GREAT..always friendly, speak and make us feel welcome. Very moderately priced for such wonderful food. We esp like the tuna! I do wish they'd get the sea bass back..melt in your mouth! Steaks are divine! Love the Sunday night wine special. MONEY/CARDS: The cashiers are so nice and helpful. I have had some really stupid questions for the Players Club people and they have been great. GAMING: We play mostly slots and love the games. Progressives have really taken over and we love them. We haven't always 'felt the love', but have had some pretty good wins. Tip your cocktail waitresses and they'll come back. They are there trying to make money. One can't expect everything to be free. POOL: Nice pool, clean and comfy chairs. Very glad they now require people to have a key to use the pool. Still loud children but not as many 'outsiders'. If asked about improvements, I would suggest that the coffee/snack bar be reconfigured. It gets very backed up and unorganized. ....Overall, I really like this casino. NIce people, fabulous food at Carter Green esp. (can't wait for the expansion) and nice rooms. I see the same employees over and over, which is a good sign.

1  Thank LHR218