“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi

Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi
Greenville, South Carolina
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks in june and 5 weeks from july to september 2013. There was a women at the front desk that was not accommodating during my june stay and yes there were roaches, but during my second stay i saw no roaches and the staff was very accomdating. I got a single room and there was no more loitering at the front of hotel. Yes the lobby did smell time to time due to smelling workers getting off work and packing lobby. This is a busy and popular hotel and you get what paid for. Recently upgraded to flat panel tv new mattreses fresh paint. I enjoyed my stay and caught plenty of fish. Dont ask for handicap room if you do alot of cooking. There are 2 smoke alarms and will go off on steam alone.

Room Tip: Ask for what u want..if they are booked they will call once room is available
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Intellione

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I wouldn't suggest this roach motel to anyone. I stayed here while my husband was finishing up tech school at Keesler AFB and this had to be one of the worst, most stressful times I've ever traveled. Coming in at night alone was terrifying, a bunch of random people would hang around the front door and there is absolutely no security, so I went and got pepper spray to make myself feel more at ease. In my nasty room, I had roaches coming out of every nook and cranny. I kept the room as clean as possible and sprayed roach spray sometimes as much as 4 times a day and still had alot of problems. I went to the front desk to report the problem I was having and they basically told me to just go buy some bug spray and deal with it. The final straw was when I was in the bed sleep and woke up for a minute to notice a roach in the bed with me. I didn't complete my stay here, I didn't care about a refund, I just wanted to be away from the roaches and sketchy tenants. I decided to go to another hotel and pay more just to get a piece of mind. If I could give this dump a 0, I would, it honestly needs to be torn down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Marlon L
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Value Place has a rigorous clean and safe policy. The conditions described from your stay last August are not consistent with our clean and safe protocols and we apologize that your issues were not handled properly. We have procedures in place to avoid incidents like this in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Gulfport hotels

Pascagoula, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Value Place for 3 and a half months. From day one the General Manager ( Silas) did everything possible to make our stay a pleasant one, to include assisting us with familiarizing ourselves with the surrounding area. His customer service techniques were second to none.

Additionally, the rest of his staff were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make us feel as welcome as possible.

I wouldn't need a second thought about staying there again should the occasion arise.

Room Tip: The only tip I could offer is to take one of the room tours that this facility offers, you won't...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom M
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We're happy to hear your stay at Value Place met your expectations and our friendly staff made it a good experience for you. We look forward to seeing you next time!
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The hotel is very clean and offers both comfort and value at an affordable cost. The general manager was nothing but professional and treated me and my family with amazing customer service. The supporting staff worked hard to meet our needs and requests. The stay here was very peaceful and pleasant. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Here at Value Place we promise a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. Again, we are very pleased that you had a great stay. We wish you well with your future travels and hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at value place for over 2 months. The hotel is a very safe clean hospitable hotel. The staff really will meet your needs. The general manager Silas is a very professional and accomadating General Manager. This hotel property is really really clean. Please dont pass up this value. Ron C.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thanks for staying with us! We pride ourselves on being clean and safe and are glad you had a pleasant stay at Value Place.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Very clean....management's focus on customer satisfaction and cleanliness is impressive. Courteous and professional staff...all the comforts needed for a pleasant stay. Can't beat the price. Have stayed at this location 3 times and have yet to be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We are glad that glad to hear that you had a great experience with us. Because our Studio Attendants follow checklists of simple, thorough and effective housekeeping practices, they know they're making a difference to each and every guest—as well as to the Value Place employees who live onsite and whose job it is to ensure that we're upholding our superior cleaning standards. We wish you well with your future travels, thank you for staying with us, come back and visit!
Southaven, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Do NOT stay here!! Was supposed to stay two weeks but on the 3rd day I woke up with bugs in the bed and blood on the sheets from the bugs! I went to the front desk asking for a refund but they said they couldnt do anything until the manager came in. I called the manager and he was very rude and only refunded me for the days I didnt stay and then hung up on me! I reported them to the CDC and the health dept, so maybe they will be shut down because no one should stay in a place this filthy!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Julie G
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Health Department on the coast is thoroughly impressed with our pest protocols and we have always been commended for training our staff and ensuring we do not allow these issues to go uncheked/untreated. I will be emailing you privately as we don't have record of bedbugs being reported by "Julie G" and our property manager is always courteous and professional with our guests.