“My New Favorite Restaurant in Gulfport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chappy's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chappy's
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lucedale
“My New Favorite Restaurant in Gulfport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I’ve been to Chappy’s Bistro twice now and both times had a wonderful experience. The wait staff is attentive and professional and always kept our water/tea glasses full. The décor is a contemporary style with local art, neutral colors, neat lines and white tablecloths that make the atmosphere feel clean and comfortable. Chappy’s also has a full bar and while I never sat in the bar area, I peaked in and found it to be very nicely decorated with almost a private feel to it that I really liked. Chappy’s Bistro is located on the bottom floor of the Almanett Hotel, which our waiter arranged for us to tour after our meal.

All the food at Chappy’s is made from scratch (even the salad dressings). Both times I ate at Chappy’s with a group of friends and every one of them raved about how delicious their meals tasted. My meal was perfectly seasoned and came with a side salad, I don’t really like salads, but I ate every bite and then used the bread to sop up all the rest of the salad dressing because it was too good to waste. I also ordered the crab bisque which is by far the best I’ve ever put in my mouth. At the end of our meal (both visits) Chappy himself came out from the kitchen to greet us and make sure everything met our expectations. I love the way the wait staff at Chappy’s Bistro (and Chappy himself) makes you feel so welcome. This is definitely my new favorite restaurant in Gulfport.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lisa M

Gulfport, MS
“Glad to see Chappy's back on the coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

My friend and I had lunch at Chappy's in his new location in Gulfport. We were delighted to find that his food is still amazing!! We had the grilled mahi mahi with a delicious cream sauce on it. We had as our side the sauteed zucchini and a fresh crisp garden salad with a homemade house vinaigrette. Yum! We are both gluten free so we skipped the bread. The atmosphere was quiet and suitable for conversation. Our waiter was very attentive and went out of his way to make sure we had an enjoyable dining experience. Chappy came out and took pictures with us and chatted for awhile. He lived eight years in Nashville after Hurricane Katrina swiped out his restaurant. He longed to come home to the Gulf Coast, Come support his decision to come back home and enjoy him for some delicious food. You will not be sorry.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DebraSanford
Dover, Delaware
“A new challenge to local restaurant establishments.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Chappy's was evidently here before Katrina and got blown away. He has returned with a vengeance. Started with his fried green tomatoes which were awesome and then had his signature dish which is trout with a cream sauce with shrimp. Nice size fillet of trout with the sauce which had an abundant amount of shrimp. Came with a salad with their own dressing. Waiter asked if we wanted blue cheese crumbs on it so we added that (no charge) which was excellent. The waiters and waitresses were all well trained, very attentive and did an excellent job. Overall probably the best overall dinner for me in the Gulfport area.

• Visited March 2014